Just found out l have only been awarded standard mobility on pip and was on high on dla. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just found out l have only been awarded standard mobility on pip and was on high on dla.

Comments

• cher09
    cher09 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my disability car taken away as pip said I did not qualify for it although DLA I was on higher indefinitely. I tried to appeal but they still said no, so now my independence that I was getting back has gone because my driving license states that I can only drive an automatic that is adapted
  • annehughes
    annehughes Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Wasn't going to carry on thinking about this today because of stress but l have just been looking at my daily living and l am not happy with that either, it's mostly different from what l put on my pip form and said to the assessor what my daily living struggles are 
    Decider said l need an aid or appliances to wash or bath, yes they do help but l also need someone with me as l can't wash below wash myself and also need help to get on and off bath board, so l can only have a shower or wash when someone is with me .
    So that is different 
    And the other one is he d3cided preparing food, again with aids or appliances but l stated that l need someone to do that as l can't not stand or balance without my crutches  so l have no hands available and l can't bend to get to oven and also l have reduced grip in my right had due to sugergy on my little finger from dog bite had phsyco from last August to January this year and was told would never have full grip as it's your little finger that makes you grip and decision maker said that l have good grip in both hands.
    And even though l had difficulty with sitting and standing from a chair all of the activities l could do successfully with aids rather than support of another person majority of days and that includes dressing which can't do myself lower body at all and l rely on my son everyday and can struggle at times with top half 
    Basically my son does everything for me and they are saying l can do it with aids 
    So do l appeal theses as well as the mobitly and walking 
  • annehughes
    Cher09 l am so sorry that is what l am scared about. The isolation and just the fact that they seem to not listen to you 
    Did you go all the way to tribunal?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Anne
    They will look at both parts when you appeal. If you can show that you meet the criteria then you should do so.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @annehughes

Assessors have an agenda: to make claimants seem as little disabled as possible.  I went from highest rate both components DLA to standard rate PIP both components - then to enhanced rate PIP both components after appeal.
    The Tribunal seemed unimpressed that assessors had reduced my benefit from high rate (that I'd been on for nearly 20 years) to standard after the DLA/PIP changeover.

Tribunals are impartial and look at all the evidence again.  After having been to one Tribunal I would not be afraid to go to another.  Though they asked some grilling questions - so have your wits about you!.

Scope have a guide to MRs.  Look under Advice and information.
  • annehughes
    This morning l have spoken to cab and have appointment on Thursday, also spoken to my mental health counsiler and have manged to get to see him, got doctors appointment on Friday to let her know what has happened and been in contact with dwp and they are sending out copy of report and also have asked for medical evidence from the phsyco regarding my reduced grip in my hand, so have that to send as the said l had good grip in both hands 
    Really tired and stressed now so that's me done for the day. I need to rest to be able to get through this appointments at the end of week
    Thank you everybody who has helped over weekend, just really appreciate it xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done Anne. You have done exactly the right things. The CAB should be able to take you forward.
    Please let us know how you get on.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • annehughes
    Hi been to see my mental health counsiler and cab today, counsiler as said l also have ptsd to had to my other mental health illnesses, l was attacked last year and had to have hand surgery and it's only just hit me in the last few months as it was my own dog that did it ( he had a seizure and when mad)

Cab said to write a diary of how my disability and illnesses  affect my daily living, already doing this, question is do l send this with Mr stuff or not and l have done 3 days so far and used 2 a4 pieces of paper is that to much ?
    First day it was alot more as l was explain8ng why l couldn't do things and why son had to help day 2 and 3  were just on one side each of a4
    Hope people can understand my question 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @annehughes Yes send it with your MR. It doesn't matter how long it is but remember if you want them to actually read it and not put it on one side it might be better to stick to examples of when and why you need help with the activities you want extra points for, rather than going into every little detail. I'm the same about all the false results for grip and upper body strength. I'm now on higher rate mobility but only standard rate for DL. I've accepted my award for now but am carrying on getting evidence and also have got ICE the Independent Complaint's Examiner investigating my complaint about the lies written on my assessment report. I'm also bringing a case against ATOS/DWP under the Data Protection Act because we all have rights not to have lies written,  kept on record  and used against us. 
  • Matilda
    @annehughes

Disability Rights website have a draft PIP diary.
  • annehughes
    Hi just looked at the draft and is it better to like that rather than just like a page diary. I suppose it's easier for them to look at but l am not sure we're l could put that l can't get out of bed from laying down position   any help or ideas please        l can get off bed once son has got into sitting up position
    I am seeing Doctor this afternoon for as much medical evidence she can provide  
  • wildlife
    @annehughes Getting in and out of bed doesn't come into PIP. It's not one of the activities so you need to have a look at the PIP points system on Benefits and Works and only describe problems you have with the list of activities. Choose each one that describes you otherwise you're giving them a lot of information they don't need.
  • annehughes
    Thank you l have looked, l asked that because that is one reason l wet the bed most night l have a weak bladder and obviously get get out off bed quick enough and then sometimes it's because l don't feel the need to go as l am  asleep.  During day l also can have accidents but it's more overnight 
  • Matilda
    The DWP themselves, I think in the claimant guidance notes attached to the PIP claim form, say that one of the aids a claimant might use is an automatic rising bed.  But people who have difficulty getting in and out of bed don't have to use one.  Difficulty getting in and out of bed indicates weakness in several muscles and joints.

PIP takes into account incontinence under toilet needs.  So difficulty getting out of bed in order to get to the toilet in time is relevant.

Disability Rights and CAB websites both have good guides to claiming PIP, including descriptors and activities.  DR is particularly good but CAB make the point about not ticking 'it varies' box under walking distance - be specific and give assessors less scope to decide you can walk well on many days.
  • wildlife
    @annehughes sorry for saying getting in and out of bed isn't relevant. Go with @Matilda's advice she knows more about this than I do.
  • annehughes
    Had my report through, there are definitely lies on there and a few  can l write on it ready to show my doctor and the cab ?
  • wildlife
    @annehughes If you mean can you write on the actual report then no. You could do a copy of it if you're able and write on the copy or better still just do a list of the lies on a separate sheet saying which page and what heading they're under.
  • annehughes
    @wildlife
    Thank you and l was fine with what you said about laying down and getting out of bed
    I am however really annoyed at assossers report, she has lied and said things l didn't even say and then twisted some of the things l did say
  • wildlife
    @annehughes You're not the only one, so many people have this happen to them. I had a similar report, pain was called "a twinge" I never even used the word. All my physical exercise results were wrong or made up for the ones I didn't do. She also said I took the plastic label off a water bottle whilst holding it between my knees. She obviously doesn't know it's the top you take off to have a drink which my husband did for me. I'm a long way through the complaints process and won't give up till she's made to face up to her lies. There are a lot of people fighting to get DWP to accept that a lot of assessors are dishonest which should not be happening. Hope you can sort your claim out and get what you're entitled to, don't give up. 
  • annehughes
    How can l word the safety pointers as l can't walk safety as l fall and stumble , assorted put l stumble but don't fully fall, l do 
    She said l could walk for 15 mins with stops again l never said that l said l can't walk much at all as always has pain but as soon as l walk l get extreme pain she decided l can walk 50m to 200m
    Also she did say on flat ground 
    Even my own doctors say l can only walk 20m 
    They are just a couple of lies
    Oh apparently she asked did l take any of my aniexty meds before the appointment and l said no, .... l take them every morning and then allowed up to 8 other ones a day but she didn't even ask the question lie 
    Another she said l said only shower once a week because of difficulty but l never said that, l have to have showers daily even though it's painful due to incontinence over night has l don't either feel the need to go or can't get there in time.  Then she said l struggle to wash  or bath lower body , l don't struggle l am unable to 
    My doctor is so annoyed with it and is behind me 100% and took alot of my paperwork and medical evidence to read and doing a letter 
    But not sure how to word mine 
    One more l said l can't bath/shower without someone being there and and she said just aids are need 
    Why do they do this 
    I was born at 27 weeks with spina bifina, christened in hospital, operation in the first 24 hours to close hole and nerve of spine.  Just got on with life and the pain never claimed dla until l was 41 and now 46 they are basically making out l can do what l can't 

Sorry to everyone for this long message 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.