Waiting over 3 months for ES50 Result. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting over 3 months for ES50 Result.

Vikingdon1
Vikingdon1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My wife is on ESA in the support group and has been for a number of years.

We were sent an ES50 Capability for Work form to complete in April 2017 to be returned by 4th May which we sent on 30th April.

We have heard nothing since and her payments have continued.

When are we likeky to receive their result of reassessment.

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi welcome to the Scope community.
    Thats strange, I think you should give them a call on 0345 608 8545
    Please feel free to get back to me if you have any more questions 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The AP is having long delays is making appointments for assessment. In some areas this delay is up to 6 months
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Kathdavieskd
    Kathdavieskd Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Please try contacting your M. P. If your situation does not improve. 
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    I live on the Wirral, Merseyside, and I completed and returned the UC50 (which is, apparently, the same thing?) in march of this year, and as of last week, nothing. I rang the medical 'assessments' team, and was told that it will be in Birkenhead Jobcentre, that it should be 'soon', but they couldnt say when, exactly. My advocate 'phoned them again today, and they told him the same, "...soon, but we can't say exactly when". The person my advocate spoke to today cited "huge waiting lists we are wading through, alphabetically" as the reason why.
  • lixsharp13
    lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Its so annoying...ive been waiting 11 weeks for an esa decision and since feb for a pip tribunal date. So very stressful as well as daunting
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I am in same situation as everybody else.  Getting stressed and anxiety over this waiting for about three weeks.  Totally unnecessary.  Once had an appeal sat in front of two medical professionals who after giving all the medical information plus lots more.  Made us wait I got the outcome after a while then and there.  My question being why do we need Atos or Capita to do medicals what a waste of money and time.  When DWP have their own Doctors.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.