Hi, my name is caggie61! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is caggie61!

caggie61
caggie61 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm a member at benefitsandwork.co.uk, help from there is invaluable. There are full guides to help filling in the forms when claiming ESA and PIP benefits, each question at a time advising how to respond on a point of law. They cover every situation throughout the benefits process, please take a look if you need help.
Also, I have ongoing contact with my MPs office. My MP's P.A. is always there to help if he can......you must demand help from them.....that's their job!!! They are in the role to represent you and everyone else in the constituency, if they refuse or ignore, you must complain to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. 
I do practise what I preach, I have been fighting for the money I have to exist on for many years.....the process makes sure that we never have the chance to recover enough to get back up on our feet to become independent again, it's just not designed that way. The idiots that developed it have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about living with sickness and disability, and the other idiots who implement it have absolutely no idea of how to treat human beings in a decent, respectful manner.
Two years ago I underwent a home assessment for PIP. The 'so called'  health professional considered that I did not appear to be anxious in any way whatsoever.......although she did report that I was about to undergo full mastectomy for breast cancer within three days!!! 
My advice is to fight, fight, and fight again until you drop if need be.......good luck everyone, I wish you all well! X

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caggie61

Its great to meet you I think your input will be invaluable to us over the next few years it's great to have you onboard.

Please please let me know if I can be off help in anyway ???

Many thanks.

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @caggie61,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing your tips about contacting your MP and Benefits and Work (a site we often link to on here because they're so incredibly useful!).

If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness