Hi I'm Dave I'm visually impaired and I'm not dealing with it very well — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Dave I'm visually impaired and I'm not dealing with it very well

dave2525
dave2525 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
 I was in a car crash when I was 17  I damage my  optic nerves  I have limited vision  and I can't make eye contact  so  it's hard to meet  women  which is a big problem for me   Because would love to be in a relationship. I would also like to work  but I can't because of my  eye sight. Seeing other people   Get new jobs start families   Do sports and activities they enjoy  makes me so angry and upset because  I see no hope of having a  relationship  and I can't do things I want to do because of my eyesight. I also have   Hardly any of my money left from my  compensation  because I overspent   And was ripped off a few times  so don't know how I'm going to live when this money goes  I see no future  and really don't know what to do .

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dave2525

Welcome along to our online community/website, I do hope that we can help you ???

Can you please pop over to our home page where you will find a lot off information about "visually impairment"

We have also got a long list off charity's that will be able to help you as well.  Please please let us know if we can help you further ???
  • dave2525
    dave2525 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you I will check out the home page  
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dave2525

No probs please let me know if I can help further !!!!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Dave and welcome
    So sorry for the situation you find yourself in. We have a great community here, anytime you need to talk there will be someone to listen.
    Can you tell us a little more about you ?
    Like how long have you been dealing with this  ?
    Please don't lose hope, there are ways forward but I won't pretend that it will be easy. By joining our community you have made a big step forward and I hope that we can make your onward journey a little easier.

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dave2525 welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time.  I agree with @CockneyRebel that this is a great step forward. 

I hope you enjoy it here, jump in and get involved, we are a friendly bunch.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness