PIP Tribunal Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Decision

wilsonsv
wilsonsv Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm asking for info on the following;
yesterday I had a pretty good result challenging several descriptors on PIP. Only when I got home did I realise the panel had not mentioned, or indeed noted on paper, challenge to the descriptor "Planning a Journey" Does anybody know where I go from here please? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome
    You don't say what the tribunal did award you or for what.
    In general, following a tribunal decision, you or the DWP can only challenge the decision on a point of law. You can request a Statement of Reason as to why they came to the decision that they did.
    If you are unhappy with the decision seeking trained advice from CAB, welfare rights or similar would be a good idea

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilsonsv
    wilsonsv Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi,
    thanks so much for the good advice, I am very grateful.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @wilsonsv,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

As well as @CockneyRebel's great advice above, we also have some more information about appeals on our website which might be of interest to you.

@BenefitsTrainingCo, do you have anything to add?
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @wilsonsv

Welcome to our website and online community I do hope that we can help you with this ???

Please please pop over to our home page where you will find lots of great info on PIP's

We also have a "Benefit Advisor" on hand for you which is well worth a visit.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @steve51, I've already moved this post into our 'Ask A Benefits Advisor' category. Only administrators are able to move posts into categories, I'm afraid.
    Liam
  • jacquelineb
    jacquelineb Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I'm Jacqueline . I have been waitkngiven from April for tribunal to send me there decision . Points of Law I'm wandering have they forgot about me or are they just not gonna bother . I had my DLA taken of me. Disgusted with the whole system 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello jacueline
    You should straight away telephone the tribunal for their decision. If you cannot get an answer then you should get in touched with your MP.
    Once you have done so, if you still have no award in payment then you can make a new claim if you still meet the criteria 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi wilsonsv,

The advice already given is spot on. To challenge a tribunals decision you need to request statement of reasons and try to identify an error of law. This can be quite difficult for a general member of the public so you might want to contact your local Welfare Rights team or CAB to assist you. However, if you had a good outcome you might not want to challenge it so expert advice from an adviser who can see your decision notice is essential.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.