Family with different needs saying hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Family with different needs saying hi

mazzer73
mazzer73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hello my name is mandi and i am a mother to 4 children with different additional needs I find it a very lonely world especially as my husband also has speech and hearing dissabilities and I have to soldier on as best I can with a daughter who gets virtually no support from mental health services and has the most spectacular meltdowns you could imagine on top of her other dissabilities I myself receive no support from mental health and deal with my bipolar as best i can,ontop of arthritis in my neck and spine and vulvodynia and fybromyalgia so yes you could say we are a complex family but theres also alot of love here, I have joined to find support,guidance,advice and help from others in similar situations after all we all need someone from time to time dont we regards maz x

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @mazzer73,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having. There's plenty of help and support available from other members of the community. You can find the full list of categories here, but you may find our Parents and Carers category of particular interest.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mazzer73 welcome to the community
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mazzer73 how are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Hi and welcome. I am glad for you that you and your family support each other. It makes life that little bit easier.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • squidge
    squidge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi mazzer73
    just joined here. I too have 4 kids. However I am the disabled one. I have multilevel degeneration of the spine amongst other things. Used to be fit and healthy with loads of friends. Many say they still are friends but I don't see any of them apart from a few I can count on one hand and then it's very rarely. Being disabled or caring for someone who is can be a very lonely life. My hubby also has fibromyalgia so I know that you must be really struggling at times. He has to look after me and I know he struggles. Social services pay for me to have a pa/carer who I'd be totally lost without. I know I'm lucky as many councils have had to really cut back. My hubbies fibro effects his cognitive function and his speech . We joke he's the body and I'm the mind though not many understand though I reckon you would. Use the internet to talk to people this also keeps me from going mad. 
    I hope you find some friends who are local to you that you can spend some time with. 

Brightness