Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

Chrissy53
Chrissy53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have joined this post as I have a disability from seven year's ago which forced me to leave my lovely job as a social worker. I now have Lupus LSE and more recently Fibromyalgia. Fortunately for me, I worked long enough to use my superan pension of 36 years. I also have my state pension to live on. I have tried to claim PIP on three occasions with no points awarded even though some day's I can't open the milk bottle. I've given up on PIP. This tax year I find myself paying tax working my incoming's and out going's I am £45.00 worse off than last year I also this year have to pay full rent ad all the benefit's I now receive is £12.00 per month council tax. This lousy Government is killing us off.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hello Chrissy and welcome
    Have you tried putting your details into one of the online benefit calculators to see if there is any more help you can get ?

Claiming PIP has been made intentionally hard, it is a test of functionality and you need to understand the system, criteria and points scoring for each activity
    Have you taken the self test on the B&W site ?

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

No wish to be indelicate but PIP is not available to people over state retirement age.

I hope we can be of more assistance

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Chrissy53,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

As @CockneyRebel mentions above, an online benefits calculator will be able to help give you an idea of which benefits you can apply for. We have one available on our website which you may find useful.

You mention that you were unable to claim PIP three times after being awarded 0 points... Did you ask for a mandatory reconsideration after finding this out? We have lots of information about PIP and appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, which may be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Chrissy53
    Chrissy53 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi yes I went for an appeal they also turned me down. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.