In Scotland they have rebuked PIP so why not here ..were all in the UK ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In Scotland they have rebuked PIP so why not here ..were all in the UK ?

Options
speedy57
speedy57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm in total agreement..the pip system is ridiculous... In Scotland they have rebuked it so why not here ..were all in the UK ?

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    What do they have in Scotland instead?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The SNP have said in their manifesto that they will overhaul the PIP system in Scotland  to end the misery suffered by disabled people.

Have heard nothing from other political parties about doing the same - or anything about help for disabled people at all.
  • Shreddie
    Shreddie Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    I live in Scotland and have just had a PIP home assessment as a change over from DLA.  Haven't yet heard back from them but my DLA has run out and Motability will be taking my car back any day.  So we are just as much in the mire as everyone else in the UK I am afraid.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In the UK,  DLA is in payment until a PIP decision is made.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.