pavement space — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pavement space

Options
Jayne64
Jayne64 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Where I  live we have shops placing products for sale on the pavement. Cafes putting seating on the pavement. There is no room for wheelchairs, mobility scooters especially when people are sitting at the tables with their dogs and fags and talkative friends. Parking on the pavement is also a problem. I get angry when people with disabilities are having to walk on the rd. Does anyone else have these problems?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could complain to your local council about this, the pavements should be accessible to all.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This Who put that there campaign is by the RNIB but is about the same thing of pavements being blocked and becoming inaccessible, there advise is also to speak to your local counsillor.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    We're having the same issue where I am.

I've complained to my local council a few times as well about issues with parking. They claim there's no such issue. They mean they can't see the issue. But hey, as long as you don't see the issue, I'll just continue to risk my life by getting run over. Most odd how there was an article in the local paper about this last year. They've not responded to my complaint about this either.

There's something in Portsmouth about a policeman going around with a pram on the pavement. He's ticketting cars where he can't get through with his pram or something.

Brightness