Any tips for what to put in the ESA questionnaire? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any tips for what to put in the ESA questionnaire?

Options
Andreasuperstar
Andreasuperstar Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi, I'm so tired of completing assessments that I don't know what to put.  Any advice is much appreciated.  I also have real difficulty concentrating and typing which is not helping matters.

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    The person reading your form isn't going to make any assumptions. (as we're all different) You have to spell everything out to them. 

Can you get someone to help you?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,014 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would advice you to get some help with completing this form. They're very complex and need to be filled in correctly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    @Andreasuperstar
    The ESA50/UC50 form is a bit tricky, full of oubliettes and trapdoors. It depends where you live, but there are a lot of welfare and volunteer groups that could help you out. I made the mistake of filling my UC50 in myself, and know from experience that its a mistake. Google welfare and disability groups in your postcode and find someone experienced in filling them in. Your local MP's office will be able to point you in the right direction - don't be afraid to approach them - they work for you, not the other way 'round. Good luck.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would suggest a good starting point is the self test on the B&W site

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/med2/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.