LCWRA and carers allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and carers allowance

kevwhite Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am getting LCWRA and was wondering whether my friend who cares for me can get Carers Allowance to cover travel costs etc. I am confused because being in receipt of LCWRA does not appear on list of benefits which entitles you to claim  Carers allowance?


  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,831 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kevwhite

    Welcome to the community! How are you today? 

    I found some information on the GOV website about Carer's Allowance. I hope that helps you :)
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,869 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Do you receive PIP Daily Living component? Does your friend work (if so how many hours and what’s their earnings per week)? Do they receive any other benefits? Numerous questions for someone to help you although the main one is the first one.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,011 Disability Gamechanger
    Someone cannot claim Carer's Allowance for looking after someone on the grounds that they have LCWRA. You have obviously referred to the list of qualifying benefits and those are the only qualifying benefits.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.