If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it me?

Options
melbob
melbob Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Okay so anytime I try to talk to people and they talk over me (which happens alot) after a while it's like I can't handle being cut off anymore and I just lose my s**t. I've tried to talk to people about how it makes me feel when they do that but they just continue to do it and then I end up being the bad one because I've shouted or stormed out of a room. I don't feel like anyone actually gets that by them doing that it's like they're lighting a fire inside me and I eventually just explode. It's exhausting constantly being made out to be this villain and no-one seems to understand or notice your pain. It happens with so many people and I'm really starting to wonder if it's me that's actually the problem.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @melbob

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I can feel the exhaustion in the post you typed. 

I wanted to comment and mention SHOUT. They are a mental health support service through text. I have a friend who was in a similar situation to yours, a big family with no one conversing with them. They would text the service and vent with them so they didn't let that frustration build. I hope it may be helpful for you. 

We are here too :) The community are such a lovely bunch <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.