If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

Options
Cathrene
Cathrene Community member Posts: 3 Connected
I'm Cathrene, 43, and new here! X

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cathrene

Welcome to the community! :) How are you today?

I'd love to know how you came across our community here at Scope :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Cathrene
    Cathrene Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Struggling with FND - a seizure resulted in an injury which has left me in a wheelchair (until I can have an op... #waiting) and although I am responding to treatment, my autoimmune disease has left me exhausted.

I have started the Scope programme to help me get back into work... but after 15 years this is hard.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cathrene That's amazing though, to take that step after 15 years! Well done :) What kind of work are you looking to go into?

I'm sorry you are struggling and waiting for an operation. I usually give the advice to see if the surgeon has a cancellation list. Provided you could go in on short notice of course. I had surgery in 2020 and was given 10 days notice being on the cancellation list. 

Make sure you do get as much rest as possible and cups of tea! <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.