Would've been my late nanna's 101st birthday on new years eve — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would've been my late nanna's 101st birthday on new years eve

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
My late dad's late mum passed away when I was still in primary school. 
On the day my nanna passed away, one of my mum's friends (who me, my 2 sisters and our brother always call "auntie" or "uncle") had come to the house we were living in at the time.
Myself and my middle sister were getting ready for school and we heard someone knocking on the door, so our mum told to carrying on getting ready for school whilst she went to see who was at the door, so me n my middle sister carried on getting ready for school whilst our mum went to see who was at the front door. 
A few minutes later our mum came back in the front room and said,"it was only auntie Joan asking me to tell daddy something."
Me n my middle sister thought nothing of it and carried on getting ready for school. 
After school the same day, our mum asked me n my middle sister to sit on the couch, so me n my middle sister sat on either end of the couch and our youngest sister sat in the middle of us. Once we were sat down, our mum came over to the couch and crouched up in front of the couch and all she said was, "I'm sorry but your nanna's gone.." and I burst into tears.
On the day if our nanna's funeral, our mum took me n my middle sister into school in what we were going to wear for our nanna's funeral and she explained to the head teacher about our nanna passing away and she'd also asked the Head teacher if he would ask our teachers to keep an eye on us. 
Our normal primary school uniform was a navy blue skirt, blue blouse, navy blue tie with a white stripe through it and a navy blue card, but myself and my middle sister were wearing a black skirt, white blouse (I can't remember if we wore cardis or not as this was in the early 1990s).
I love and miss my nanna and daddy sooo much. 
I can't even remember if I've ever gone out on new years eve since I have been old enough to. 
It would have been my nanna's 101st birthday on new years eve. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,702 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good to look back and remember those we have lost, this Christmas marks the 49th year since my grandad died he would have been 117, Christmas Eve also marks the 49th anniversary since we buried a school friend who was only 14 he died from a seizure in his sleep, I was the very last person to see him alive and his death was an awful shock for his 14 year old friends to take in.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BrianMcFaddenfan07
    BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
    Options
    @woodbine Aww. I'm so sorry to about ur friend passing away. 
    It was 31st year without my nanna in September. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.