Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Emjaye!

Options
Emjaye
Emjaye Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everyone my name is Mary and I was diagnosed with Type 2 Achalasia last year

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @Emjaye welcome to our great group. I hope your well this Thursday morning.
    When your ready have a look around the site, we have lots going on, you can join in with any of the chats or ask your own question, any problems just ask someone is bound to be on line to give you a hand. 
    The coffee lounge under categories is a great place to meet some of the members, have general chats even play a few number games if you wish. Enjoy 
  • Emjaye
    Options
    Thank you, I sure will
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Emjaye and thanks for telling us a bit about yourself :) 

Let us know if there's anything we can support you with, and enjoy getting to know the community!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Emjaye
    Options
    Thanks Alex. I have one question and it's a question I have been researching since diagnosis with Achalasia. Is Achalasia considered a disability in the UK? Need someone to shed some light on this. I
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,004 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Emjaye said:
    Thanks Alex. I have one question and it's a question I have been researching since diagnosis with Achalasia. Is Achalasia considered a disability in the UK? Need someone to shed some light on this. I
    Hi I have also been researching it as well for you. It's a chronic illness which is classed as a disability. 
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Emjaye said:
    Hi I have also been researching it as well for you. It's a chronic illness which is classed as a disability. 
    Hi - do you have any links that describe achalasia as a disability?

• Emjaye
    Options
    Thanks, but it doesn't appear so to DWP, so I get on with looking after myself by myself. Thanks. Again. I'll continue to be apart of Scope and Thanks fir welcoming me.
  • Emjaye
    Options
    I too would like to see that link because I have been searching, only my my workplace OH told me it's classified as a disability 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.