Hi, my name is kh75! Was told no decision has been made yet. Is this a bad sign? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kh75! Was told no decision has been made yet. Is this a bad sign?

Options
kh75
kh75 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. Had my telephone assessment 19th December. Rang today to ask 4 copy of report. Was told no decision has been made yet and it is now with case manager. I'm anxious. Is this a bad sign? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this for PIP? Either way, It doesn't mean anything other than "no decision has been made yet." A decision can take anything up to about 12 weeks after the report was returned to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kh75
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. Yes it is 4 pip. New claim. I've crohns disease, depression and anxiety. This process is horrible. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm new to all this so really appreciate advice. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @kh75 and welcome, thanks for posting. Applying for PIP can be a very stressful process, but there is help and support out there :) Well done for getting through the assessment, that's a big chunk of this done and dusted.

You're welcome to spend time on the community if that would help take your mind off things, or reassure you. The coffee lounge is a good place to go to get to know other members if you'd like. 

Let us know if there's anything we can lend a hand with in the meantime. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kh75
    Options
    On the 21st December I received this text
    We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I got the exact same text today. Wud this b a mistake?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like it's perhaps an admin error to me @kh75 :) I could be wrong, but I think people do sometimes get duplicate texts and letters. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • unknown5612
    unknown5612 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi there I'm in the same boat and just sent off my claim. Can I ask how yours turned out?
  • Hannahmarie1234
    Hannahmarie1234 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Hiya I have been diagnosed with parkinsons  disease. A brain anurysm. And have had a tia 
    I have applied for pip and was wondering if I would have a telephone assessment or will I have to have a face to face .and how long did you wait between sending your first pip form in to having the assessment 🤔 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hiya I have been diagnosed with parkinsons  disease. A brain anurysm. And have had a tia 
    I have applied for pip and was wondering if I would have a telephone assessment or will I have to have a face to face .and how long did you wait between sending your first pip form in to having the assessment 🤔 

Most people have telephone assessments. Some have video or face to face. Timescales vary from several weeks to a few months, potentially longer. All you can do is wait but please be aware that it's not awarded based on any diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.