Contacting tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contacting tribunal

Options
efctoffee1988
efctoffee1988 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi does anyone know if there is a email address to contact to see if my mandatory reconsideration has been recieved by benefit appeals tribunal ? Many thanks 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An MR is done by a DWP Decision Maker not a tribunal, they usually take around 4 weeks, how long ago did you lodge the MR?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• efctoffee1988
    efctoffee1988 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say I sent my evidence and mandatory reconsideration outcome to tribunal and was just wondering how do I contact them to chase up on it 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry I meant to say I sent my evidence and mandatory reconsideration outcome to tribunal and was just wondering how do I contact them to chase up on it 
    Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to chaise them up because like @poppy123456 said before it's  not the court that makes the final decision x 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to chaise them up because like @poppy123456 said before it's  not the court that makes the final decision x 
    Poppy said that it is DWP that makes an MR decision. OP has since clarified that they are at appeal stage. 

It’s not a court, it is a tribunal and obviously it is the tribunal that makes the decision and not DWP. That’s the whole point of a tribunal. 

OP, have you had any letters from tribunal service yet? If so there will a contact number on the letter.

If you haven’t had any letters there are some contact numbers at the bottom of this page
    https://www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

That's not correct. HMCTS can be contacted by email or telephone. I don't remember ever advising that, a Tribunal is not a court. A Tribunal does make a decision on an appeal but DWP put any award into payment.
    Benefit appeals helpline (England and Wales)
    Telephone: 0300 123 1142
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges
    Email: contactsscs@justice.gov.uk
    efctoffee, how did you request the Tribunal? by post by filling out the SSCS1 form or online?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,
    May I politely suggest that you refrain from giving "advice" until you actually understand the system.  You`ve given "advice" on a number of threads only to be corrected by those who do know how it works.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Cartini said:
    Hi,
    May I politely suggest that you refrain from giving "advice" until you actually understand the system.  You`ve given "advice" on a number of threads only to be corrected by those who do know how it works.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. One of the community house rules does state "content we do not allow.. misleading advice" https://www.scope.org.uk/community-house-rules/
    I think Jaide means well and just wants to try to help but it's not helpful to continue to give misleading advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Cartini said:
    Hi,

I'm going to have to agree with you here. One of the community house rules does state "content we do not allow.. misleading advice" https://www.scope.org.uk/community-house-rules/
    I think Jaide means well and just wants to try to help but it's not helpful to continue to give misleading advice.

I agree entirely about wanting to help; I should have said so when I made my comment.

• Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 980 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion. Please be mindful of where you source information from when you post replies to peoples questions. 

For more information, please read our online community house rules.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

I can't see any signs of tension.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense 

I don’t see any tension. All I see is misleading information, which was corrected. 
    It is my understanding that misleading information isn’t allowed here, it’s clearly in the forum rules. 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense 

I don’t see any tension. All I see is misleading information, which was corrected. 
    It is my understanding that misleading information isn’t allowed here, it’s clearly in the forum rules. 
    I think it's a general reminder for us sorry if I gave miss leading information 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.