What can I do when I don't seem to be able to get a boyfriend from online dating? However, I decided — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I do when I don't seem to be able to get a boyfriend from online dating? However, I decided

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I'm getting nowhere with online dating. Men still get results. seem to see the same thing. Changing dates since they can't make it since it's their birthday. As I see it through online data, it appears to be an excuse. Not yet tried dating in person, but may get to meet some guys. Now I'm tired of the same poo men who cannot be bothered with me, so they **** as far away from me as they can. Jerk ,cheaters, liars, players, and yes, even some tall men I will always reject. I might as well try a learning disability dating site that is aimed at people with learning disabilities. Not any luck so far. It's not clear to me why I keep starting at the same time and place. Already started the year badly. 

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Luv2meetU

Luv2meetU is a friendship and relationship service for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism, helping people improve their overall health and wellbeing

Luv2meetU will help you get out and about and try new things and visit different places. It will give you the chance to meet new people, make friends and develop relationships if you choose.

We will support your journey to achieve your goals in life becoming more involved in your local community, learning new skills, widening your circle of friends and signposting you to different opportunities and services.

What sort of things can I do?

Face-to-face activities

Luv2meetU could help you be more active and healthier by joining in a range of supported leisure activities in your community such as walking, bowling, sporting activities and nights out.

Events are based on feedback received from you. You can be involved in helping plan activities.

Workshops

We also run a variety of different educational workshops such as staying safe, relationships, mental health and wellbeing, as well as some fun events such as cooking, yoga and dance.

Luv2meetU Online

This is part of the Luv2meetU service and will allow you the opportunity to access an exciting range of national virtual events, giving you the chance to meet new people and make friends across the UK.

You will access online events using a range of digital platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and social media including Facebook.

Find out more about Luv2meetU Online

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

When will activities take place?

Both online events and face-to-face activities in your local community will take place at varied times, including outside of standard nine to five hours. This could be daytime, evening, weekdays and weekends to give you as much choice as possible.

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

Safety

The safety of our members is very important to Luv2meetU. All staff and volunteers are DBS checked and fully trained. If you would like more information on our safety policy please contact us.

Contact Luv2meetU

Statistics show that around 50% of people with learning disabilities feel isolated, and one in five say they do not have any friends, which can have serious consequences on both their mental and physical health. But up and down the country we’ve been trying to change that.

Luv2meetU brings over 400 people with learning disabilities together throughout the year, helping them make friends, be part of a community and have more choice in life.

You can help people with learning disabilities live the life they choose by making a donation today.

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

How much does Luv2meetU cost?

To access the Luv2meetU service will cost £10 per month to be paid by setting up a regular standing order with your bank. This will also give you access to the Luv2meetU Online so you can participate in virtual events at no extra cost.

In addition, we will charge you £5 per event attended in your local community, which will be chargeable on the day of the event. If possible pay by debit or credit card, however there will be an option to pay cash.

You will also need to pay for the activity itself unless this is advertised as a free event. This could be food and drink, cinema tickets or transport to and from events.

If you need support to travel to and from events we will discuss the options open to you.

If you require one-to-one support you will need to have this available to you and bring a support worker/PA with you. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this level of support through Luv2meetU.

Financial help

Luv2meetU is keen to ensure everybody that wants to can join in. If you are struggling to afford to join please contact us to discuss how and if we may be able to help you.

Find out more about joining Luv2meetU

This site uses cookies

Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

Privacy and Cookie Policy 

Continue with cookies

Necessary Cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.

Functional

OnOff

allow our website to function correctly.

Performance

OnOff

includes cookies such as Google Analytics cookies that help us improve the user experience across our website.

Third party plug-ins

OnOff

includes those needed to ensure that functionality provided through third parties such as embedded YouTube videos or Google maps operate as intended.

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Luv2meetU

Luv2meetU is a friendship and relationship service for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism, helping people improve their overall health and wellbeing

Luv2meetU will help you get out and about and try new things and visit different places. It will give you the chance to meet new people, make friends and develop relationships if you choose.

We will support your journey to achieve your goals in life becoming more involved in your local community, learning new skills, widening your circle of friends and signposting you to different opportunities and services.

What sort of things can I do?

Face-to-face activities

Luv2meetU could help you be more active and healthier by joining in a range of supported leisure activities in your community such as walking, bowling, sporting activities and nights out.

Events are based on feedback received from you. You can be involved in helping plan activities.

Workshops

We also run a variety of different educational workshops such as staying safe, relationships, mental health and wellbeing, as well as some fun events such as cooking, yoga and dance.

Luv2meetU Online

This is part of the Luv2meetU service and will allow you the opportunity to access an exciting range of national virtual events, giving you the chance to meet new people and make friends across the UK.

You will access online events using a range of digital platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and social media including Facebook.

Find out more about Luv2meetU Online

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

When will activities take place?

Both online events and face-to-face activities in your local community will take place at varied times, including outside of standard nine to five hours. This could be daytime, evening, weekdays and weekends to give you as much choice as possible.

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

Safety

The safety of our members is very important to Luv2meetU. All staff and volunteers are DBS checked and fully trained. If you would like more information on our safety policy please contact us.

Contact Luv2meetU

Statistics show that around 50% of people with learning disabilities feel isolated, and one in five say they do not have any friends, which can have serious consequences on both their mental and physical health. But up and down the country we’ve been trying to change that.

Luv2meetU brings over 400 people with learning disabilities together throughout the year, helping them make friends, be part of a community and have more choice in life.

You can help people with learning disabilities live the life they choose by making a donation today.

Luv2meetU divider ribbon

How much does Luv2meetU cost?

To access the Luv2meetU service will cost £10 per month to be paid by setting up a regular standing order with your bank. This will also give you access to the Luv2meetU Online so you can participate in virtual events at no extra cost.

In addition, we will charge you £5 per event attended in your local community, which will be chargeable on the day of the event. If possible pay by debit or credit card, however there will be an option to pay cash.

You will also need to pay for the activity itself unless this is advertised as a free event. This could be food and drink, cinema tickets or transport to and from events.

If you need support to travel to and from events we will discuss the options open to you.

If you require one-to-one support you will need to have this available to you and bring a support worker/PA with you. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this level of support through Luv2meetU.

Financial help

Luv2meetU is keen to ensure everybody that wants to can join in. If you are struggling to afford to join please contact us to discuss how and if we may be able to help you.

Find out more about joining Luv2meetU

This site uses cookies

Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

Privacy and Cookie Policy 

Continue with cookies

Necessary Cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.

Functional

OnOff

allow our website to function correctly.

Performance

OnOff

includes cookies such as Google Analytics cookies that help us improve the user experience across our website.

Third party plug-ins

OnOff

includes those needed to ensure that functionality provided through third parties such as embedded YouTube videos or Google maps operate as intended.

Sorry for the long post but I'm thinking of trying this myself 
  • Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    I'm getting nowhere with online dating. Men still get results. seem to see the same thing. Changing dates since they can't make it since it's their birthday. As I see it through online data, it appears to be an excuse. Not yet tried dating in person, but may get to meet some guys. Now I'm tired of the same poo men who cannot be bothered with me, so they **** as far away from me as they can. Jerk ,cheaters, liars, players, and yes, even some tall men I will always reject. I might as well try a learning disability dating site that is aimed at people with learning disabilities. Not any luck so far. It's not clear to me why I keep starting at the same time and place. Already started the year badly. 
    Hi @Splatmate24, I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit disheartened regarding your experience with online dating.

Where do you think you might start with meeting people in person?

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @Leo_Aces I also thinking about trying to find club but also hasn't good experience with guys that i did meet in real and some them did rejected me and other were already taken . i thinking about trying a city to see if anything different then then a town with more people then more chances
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 I through i already try that one and yet no success with even signing up .
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 I through i already try that one and yet no success with even signing up .
    I still need to print out the forms but have no access to printer.
  • Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    @Leo_Aces I also thinking about trying to find club but also hasn't good experience with guys that i did meet in real and some them did rejected me and other were already taken . i thinking about trying a city to see if anything different then then a town with more people then more chances
    Which kind of clubs did you try in the past?

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Splatmate24
    Options
    Youth club ,social clubs,groups with common interested and other events that i can't renumber the name of . also has a look at Liverpool seem to be a lot more choices there compare to My town .
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 I did both ways . one sent through form the post but didn't and also sent  form off by emails and still didn't work . think they still kept chaining things area about to sign up or join
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 I did both ways . one sent through form the post but didn't and also sent  form off by emails and still didn't work . think they still kept chaining things area about to sign up or join
    Oh that's disappointing 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Need more green flags @Splatmate24! Happy New Year by the way - hope your year gets better as it progresses  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @ at the moment is going really slow with some learning disability  dating agency and still hasn't heard anything back again sent a email on Thursday . had looked on Wigan learning disability and is only update every next Thursday. others I'm not sure about other two . i don't want to take more of long term to seem to get on any dating agency that is aim for learning disability . that did want to try . I'm also trying other dating apps to see if they any different. is has start very slow and annoying with some people making up a excuse . i think they going to same thing

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can really hear how hard you are trying @Splatmate24. Though, I can also hear it is unfortunately going slower for you than you would have liked it to have. 

Hopefully, it will improve for you soon. In the meantime, please be reassured that it's ok to take it slow and we are here for you if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer . one guy was was bit better then the last one that i did mention on Scope . because let me know before hand to that can't move and did change the date on 15 of Jan instead of 17 of Jan .  texting has change to texting more and letting me know . I was bit later and did let know since he was early then me because of rail workers and got on buses . went to into Manchester and at went to marks & Spencer's cafe . I got try a new latte . there was lots of standing water on motorway when past the sign that did said Manchester airport. gotten see trams after and had a sausage rolls from Gregg's . that what i be up to yesterday.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good that he was able to contact you in advance @splatmate24 :) Which latte did you try? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Tori_Scope. I prefer people that contracted in advance instead of wasting until the day to bail out . the Latte that i did try was hot & oat latte from M&S cafe . after has looked at trams and some free buses you seen in Manchester that has history .  I didn't realize until after is was a bit different and not same type of guy . the lift there was see throw lift that can see out of them . only other time i seen them type of life while I was on Holiday on Cyprus some good happen and some bad things did happen . I also prefer travelator to escalators .

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    That sounds tasty @Splatmate24 :) I've been to Manchester a couple of times, and really enjoyed it! I'd definitely like to go back and see more of it, as it's quite big. The see-through lift sounds cool!

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @Tori_Scope is was tasy and was interesting . the then had sausage roll that I brought from Greggs . is was good but is was awark at first . did try and talk can be very shy .

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    It's common for dates to feel a little awkward at first, as many people feel a bit shy or nervous when meeting someone for the first time @Splatmate24 :) Having some topics of conversations, or questions, prepared can be a good way to ensure the conversation keeps going.

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @Tori_Scope . I always has been this way with both men & some women . I'm OK with chatting or texting people or users online . reedit has be helpful .  i also has more men as friends then women since my learning disability and seem to get along a better with men then some women . previous experience with previous relationship . some girls used my trust to get closer or temp guys to cheat on me . I was the one that did broke up with some previous old boyfriend and did happen more then once in college . also I was  victim of being cyberbully is also was seem to be some women that happen through college and outside of college . that why i'm not sure being in such a large group of people .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.