Looking for people with experience of PIP being stopped/MRs and appeals — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for people with experience of PIP being stopped/MRs and appeals

Options
sophieismith
sophieismith Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My name is Sophie Smith and I am a journalist researching disallowed/stopped Personal Independent Payments after award review medical assessments. I am looking for people who have had experiences where they feel their PIP was or has been stopped unfairly due to an incorrect medical assessment. I'd really like to speak to some people who have had to go through any kind of appeal process – whether that be a Mandatory Reconsideration, or an appeal that went to tribunal. 

I understand that many people have had difficulties with this process and feel that it is something that should be investigated further. I will not be looking to delve deep into your personal lives or information, I just want to know what kinds of experiences people have with the system. 

If you are interested in talking to me please contact me on sophieismith@proton.me. 

I am happy to have a chat over the phone or in person. If this is not possible for you, I am also happy to exchange some questions and answers over email. 

Thank you!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see your full name is given here and personal information such as phone numbers, email addresses and names are not alllowed for your safety. I've flagged your comment to a member of the scope team.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 980 Scope online community team
    Options

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team. 
    The research and opportunities category is the only online community category that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link. 

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.