Hi, my name is marmite333! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is marmite333!

Options
marmite333
marmite333 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I ruptured my Achilles tendon in February 2018 and had to wear a Vacoped boot for 6 months. After the boot was removed I wore a 2cm heel lift in my shoe for 3 years to avoid undue pressure on my tendon. I removed the heel lift in March 2021 and started developing a severe pain in my calf after a few weeks while walking so I used the heel lift again but the pain continued, I also got freezing cold toes that also looked red, a throbbing pain in my big toe and agonizing pain in my ankle. I eventually got to see a physiotherapist who diagnosed C R P S and gave me some tendon stretching exercises which  are not helping the the pain. The pain becomes worse at night when I am in bed and the pain deprives me of sleep. I have tried many different types of painkillers none of which have helped. Anyone any ideas please?

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @marmite333

I'm so sorry you are in pain. Can I ask, have you tried painkillers as in over the counter or with the GP too? It would be best to speak to the GP about any kind of pain relief. I'd also speak to them about the fact you're not sleeping, they may be able to help there and getting good rest may then help in the long term with managing your CRPS.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.