Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP Called for more questions

Options
Rose29
Rose29 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
Good evening ,I applied for PIP in august 2022 first I was asked to send in my proof of identity and I did them I received my questionnaire which I filled and send back in mid November 2022 in December I received msgs and letter saying my questionnaire has been received and they will contact me regarding assessment,my telephone assessment happened on 3rd of January which lasted long,I suffer with severe PTSD,depression,anxiety,subconscious suicidal ideation and loosing time Sandrome (blackout when being stressed and panicked) I’m asthmatic & also have rectal bleeding due to acute fissures ,my mobility is effected immensely ,I can’t leave home or do anything without prompting or help,I can no longer work due to all of this,after 2 days of my assessment in evening I received call from my assessor young lady who was very gentle and nice she said DWP would like more info and answers so I would like to call you again on 9th in evening time and she did ,I get very overwhelmed and scared speaking about what I go through on daily a night before Monday I was under watchful eye of access and safe space team as I had multiple ptsd Attacks so the second call was very hard but i went ahead and successfully answered whatever she asked it lasted 40mins,I’m hoping for good outcome as it will help me immensely and if I get enhanced mobility it would help me even more to get back to a little percentage of feeling secured a little,has anyone else had a second call because they wanted more information,she said it should be good enough for now but if needed be they can call again .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they will ring again if they weren't able to get all the evidence during the first assessment but it's rare for this to happen. If it does, it's nothing to worry about. Once the assessment report is returned to DWP a decision can take anything up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rose29
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you luv,I hope it goes well ,I’m hopeful
  • Rose29
    Options
    Do u think I could ask for report to be sent to me in next few days or do I have to wait for certain text ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can request the report if you want once it's returned to DWP but please be aware that this very often causes more needless anxiety.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.