Limited capacity for work related group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Limited capacity for work related group

Options
karla044
karla044 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all..

Can anyone help me please.

I submitted my first fit note in October 2021 and was awarded limited capacity for work related activity in October 2021. 
I am due to revive my first payment on 15th January. This is from assessment period the 9th December to the 8th January. This will include the limited capacity for work payment which is todays date of 11/1/23 am I owed back pay please I don’t understand how it works. 

They have told me I will be paid from 9/12/2022 but It’s saying it will be paid on 15th January 2023.

please help me it’s driving me mad..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,857 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    What date in October 2021 did you report your first fit note? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    UC is paid in arrears so the payment for 9th Dec to 8th Jan you receive the payment on 15th Jan.

If you confirm the exact date you reported your health condition as requested by poppy someone will be able to confirm when your arrears should start from.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • karla044
    Options
    Hi poppy it was 11th October 2021. 

• calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    So reported part way through October - November 2021 period.

This means LCWRA is payable for 9th Feb to 8th March 2022 and thereafter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means your waiting period will be Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb…LCWRA starts from assessment period 9th Feb to 8th March and first payment will be 15th March 2022.

Any money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly amount. It often takes at least a few weeks to pay what they owe you. They will need to recalculate your past statements to work out exactly how much is owed. Once this is done you’ll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe you. It will then be paid into your bank.

Do be aware that when they recalculate your statements the new ones will replace the existing ones. You may want to take screenshots of the existing ones for your records. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • karla044
    Options
    Yes part way through but I’m only just recovering my payment for limited capacity on 15th January should be 13th as it falls on a Sunday but my payment date for iv is 15th of every month. Will I get backdated then they are saying I’m eligible for the limited capacity for work from 9 December 2023. 
    Thanks 
  • karla044
    Options
    Receiving my payment sorry not recovering.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It’s should be paid from 15th March 2022 please read my above reply.
  • calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You can post a payment query stating that you believe you are entitled to arrears from 9th Feb to 8th March 2022 onwards and asking them to confirm that. If they something something different request a Mandatory Reconsideration.
  • karla044
    Options
    Thankyou so much. This is just what I wanted to know. You’ve really helped me Thankyou ☺️
  • karla044
    Options
    And Thank-you to calcotti too ☺️
  • karla044
    Options
    Hello again sorry to be a pain I put a message in my journal to ask about back payment and they have stated I didn’t keep submitting sick notes and the last one they had was March 1st 2022 I was told that I didn’t need to submit anymore which is why I stopped them. But Uc have said I should have been submitting them up until my assessment which was October they are now saying no back pay and they are starting it from my assessment date which was October. 
    So October, nov, dec, Jan would be 3 months and I should get paid in feb. I don’t understand this Should I have been submitting sick notes right up until then.. I submitted 3 sick notes. 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yes you should have been submitting fit notes without any gaps until the decision was made on your work capability assessment. Gaps can affect when the LCWRA element is paid from.

Who told you that you no longer needed to send the fit notes? and didn't you have reminders on your to do list when your fit note ended? You should have been reminded automatically when the fit note ended last year. Infact reminders should be on your journal before the current fit note was due to expire.
  • karla044
    Options
    It was a lady from UC that told me that I didn’t need to submit them anymore.. ohh no could I possibly get a fit note from 1st March-3rd October 2022 and put it on now or would it be too late. 
    Thanks 
  • karla044
    Options
    Unsure whether the doctors will be able to do me one from then as it would be 7 month plus the last one was 1st March 2022. I’m going to the GP tomorrow and ask. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Do you have proof on your journal that you were told you didn't need to send anymore in? You can try but it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision whether to accept the backdated fit note, usually they don't. Only a decision maker can decide that.
  • calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Even if someone did tell you not do send any more Fit Notes did you not get requests or reminders through your journal?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Even if someone did tell you not do send any more Fit Notes did you not get requests or reminders through your journal?

I asked the same question but had no response.
  • calcotti
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I asked the same question but had no response.
    I did note that.
  • karla044
    Options
    No nothing as this was done via a phone call. I had no idea I could claim this until they said so it was all new to me and yes I did but because she told me I didn’t have to submit them I just ignored. I never knew i was entitled to any extra money until I looked up LCFWRA. Sorry to sound so dumb I’ve never been on UC. I have a life changing condition so I worked all my life then all of a sudden was no longer able  too.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.