Hi, my name is Carolbelle! Any grants available for me to help bring my mother's things to England? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Carolbelle! Any grants available for me to help bring my mother's things to England?

Carolbelle Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi is there any grants available for me to help bring my mother's things from Scotland to England I'm disabled and so is my partner he has got cancer. Can anyone help me please


  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,465 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @carolbelle :) Thank you for joining the community!

    Would you be able to tell us a little more about your situation, such as why you need to transport your mother's things from Scotland to England? 

    I hope that you and your partner are both getting on okay.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

    Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,886 Disability Gamechanger
    Ada said:
    I’m sure someone will advise support you very shortly it could be @poppy123456 who is fabulous. 
    I’ve just nudged in to say welcome 

    Sorry Ada i've only just seen this. I would prefer it if you didn't tag me please because i have all notifications turned off. If someone tags me and i don't see it i don't want anyone thinking i'm being rude. If i see a comment/thread and i know the answer i will comment and give advice.

    Carolbelle, does your mother claim for help with any rent through either housing benefit or Universal Credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.