LCWRA Question, — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Question,

Options
hornsleys
hornsleys Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi There, I wonder if someone may be able to assist me with the following:

I signed upto UC on 7th January 2022

My assessment period runs from 7th - 6th each month

I provided a fit note on 31st January 2022 due to a health condition

I was awarded LCW on 15th July 2022

I appealed and the judge said at the tribunal I am awarded LCWRA on 9th January 2023.

Am I correct in thinking I may be entitled to some kind of arrears payment, if so how would one calculate how much?

Apologies I know this has been asked before but not sure if its relevent to my timeline of events with UC.

Best,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you sent your first fit note.

Your waiting period will be Feb to May 2022.. LCWRA starts from AP 7th May to 6th June and first payment will be 13th June 2022.

It can take several weeks to put your award into payment and possibly slightly longer than that to pay what they owe you. First they need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe and it will then be paid into your bank.

Once your statements are recalculated they will replace your existing ones so if you want to keep those i'd advise you to take screenshots.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hornsleys
    hornsleys Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy, Many thanks for that, within 48hrs they had calculated the correct amount and paid it into my account.

Now - Another question, apologies this is PIP this time, my appeal for that they have sent me a letter of 'Adjournment Notice' for this one from Plymouth Court, stating that:

The appeal is adjourned for a face to face hearing at Salisbury and will be scheduled on the first available date after 22/02/2023

'They have asked me to send my medical records dating back from Feb 2016 to HMCTS'

'They have asked me to contact HMCTS within 14 days to confirm if I want to participate in the hearing.'

Where / how on earth do I send both my response and medical records to HMCTS? And is this something thats posted or emailed or what?

Ive requested my medical records from GP and they have said it can take upto 21 days, ive no idea if this is something they send inndigital format or post?

There isnt any contact address etc to send anything too on the letter?

Cheers

Ben.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The manner in which your GP provides your records is down to them. 

You will want to get them copied so that you can retain the originals for yourself.

If there isn't an address for HMCTS you'll have to ring them to ask them where they want them sent.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.