Pip Mandatory reconsideration

MissyF123
MissyF123 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi I’ve had a call on Monday just gone from dwp and they said that they have awarded me 8 points for mobility and asked me some questions to see what I should get for daily living. Has anyone else been through this? How long should it take to hear back after that call. Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    They do sometimes ring to ask some questions before making a decision. MR success rate for PIP is quite low at only 23%. All you can do now is wait for the decision. Once you have this if you're not happy you can proceed to Tribunal.
  • MissyF123
    If she said I have got 8 points for mobility does that mean I have got low rate mobility? They said they was calling to ask questions to see what how much I should be given for daily living 
  • poppy123456
    If she said she's awarded you standard mobility then it must be correct, unless she wasn't being truthful. Once a decision is made you'll be contacted.
  • MissyF123
    I guess they can’t lie just Suprised she mentioned it on the phone. Thanks for your reply
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Let us know when you do hear more @MissyF123, and please ask if you need anything else :) 
  • MissyF123
     I got a payment from pip not sure what I’ve been awarded yet is mobility and daily living paid together or separate when you get paid backdated
  • poppy123456
    They are paid together.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    As far as I know they are paid together @MissyF123, and it's fairly common to get your first payment before your decision letter arrives, that letter will have all the details broken down for you. 

As for any backdated pay, I believe that comes through as a lump sum, separately.