Letter about PIP

RVJ11
RVJ11 Community member Posts: 54 Contributor
Hi, can anyone advise? I got a text from the DWP yesterday telling me they'd received my PIP form, but I got a letter from the DWP today saying they'd sent a review form on the 27th of December and hadn't received it yet. Now what do I do? Is it possible the letter I got today could have been sent out ages ago and only just arrived?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    The letter you received would have been automatically generated and has likely been posted before they received your form. As you received a text telling you they have the form you can ignore the letter.
  • RVJ11
    Hi, thanks for your help. A clerical error then? Not helpful in my current state of mind, but that's the DWP for you. I guess I should just wait to hear from them if they need any extra info.
  • poppy123456
    No, i didn't say a clerical error. I said those letters are automatically generated and most likely was sent out before they received your form back.
  • RVJ11
    Ah. Sorry for misunderstanding- I was a bit confused earlier.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    RVJ11 said:
    A clerical error then? Not helpful in my current state of mind, but that's the DWP for you.
    Given that a letter you received today was probably posted a week ago the letter was correct at the time it was posted.
  • RVJ11
    I think I should also mention it's not just that I'd already had a text to say that they'd got my form, but that when I rang the DWP earlier this week I was told that the deadline had been extended from the 27th of this month until the 8th of February, so I'm still a little concerned.
  • poppy123456
    Why are you concerned about the extended deadline? Your forms have now been received because you had a text message yesterday so the deadline for returning them no longer applies. 

Now you just need to wait for a decision, which could be several months. Though some do have decisions quicker.