Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Tribunal help (what clothes to wear) for Monday

Options
cornishmummy
cornishmummy Scope Member Posts: 28 Connected
Good morning. 

Seeking advice! 
What shall I wear to a tribunal? My normal clothes are tracksuit bottoms and a top or hoodie. 
This is clothes that allows me to be comfort and not restrict my movement when dealing with my daughter who has many disabilities and sensory overloads . 
I’m in tribunal against DWP for my daughters DLA . 
Any advice would be great . 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You don't need to wear anything special just wear what you would normally wear to be comfortable 

Joggers and hoodie are fine they don't expect you to dress in any given way 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cornishmummy

Whatever you feel comfortable in :)

When are you scheduled to go to Tribunal? How are you feeling about it? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cornishmummy
    cornishmummy Scope Member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope

my hearing is Monday late afternoon so hope this isn’t a bad sign with it being a late in the day appearance. 

I am actually very nervous even though I had all my paperwork in order and evidence that I need to prove my child should get the rate I’m asking for. 
    Still don’t stop me being scared as this decision literally can change my daughters life over night . No pressure on me ! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,055 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The time of day the hearing is taking place has no relevance to any potential outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cornishmummy I'd take it as a good sign, they would have had lunch! lol 

You'll do fantastic, you're organised and you know your child, they don't. I'm keeping everything crossed for you! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.