PIP review & automatic extention — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review & automatic extention

Options
moonshadow_
moonshadow_ Community member Posts: 34 Listener
Apologies, I know there is already a thread about this. I am struggling to process information and relate to my situation. I had a 2 year enhanced (both) pip award  which is due to end March 2023. Growing anxiety about review and extension.. am I supposed to request a form ? I havnt heard anything no letters or text. Scared to do something incase triggers them to do an assessment or something. Will I get an automatic extention ? Confused if it's for 3 or 12 months. Also what actually happens for the review process, how likely is it they will want to do an assessment ? If things havnt changed and have recent medical evidence ie drs notes, pain clinic consultant letter etc. Also if they do an assessment how likely is it to be in person. My original assessment was during covid so was able to do telephone. 

Also I had a mini stroke in Oct but hasn't made things worce in mobility or daily living just more medical stuff to manage.. am I right in thinking this didn't need reporting ? 

Thanks so much.. sorry long winded 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As your award is ending soon i would have expected you to have received your review forms by now, unless they've extended your award due to the backlogs. You will need to ring them to ask.

As you already have the highest award possible then there's no need to report any changes unless your conditions have improved.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I want to add a warm welcome @moonshadow_. It is great to see you have joined us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    As your award is ending soon i would have expected you to have received your review forms by now, unless they've extended your award due to the backlogs. You will need to ring them to ask.

As you already have the highest award possible then there's no need to report any changes unless your conditions have improved.
    Thanks I'm checking now because I also thought it was odd. OK just checked. It actually finishes 2024. What a relief. How likely are they to actually get in touch before then. I read somewhere a year? Is that a thing.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's usually 6 months before but with the length of the backlogs it could be sooner than that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to add the review process is very similar to when you applied 

You submit forms then most likely have an assessment they are still doing phone assessments which you can request 
  • kitkat23
    kitkat23 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    @moonshadow_ my award was due to end March 23...I got my review papers in August22...retired them in sep 22....got a phone call from DM in December to clarify a couple of things...got my decision letter in Jan 23....award the same for both parts...DM said they are trying to not send as many reviews to assessment due to big back logs 
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    Thank you to everyone's responses. Wish would have known about this space years ago. 
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Just to add the review process is very similar to when you applied 

You submit forms then most likely have an assessment they are still doing phone assessments which you can request 
    I had no idea you could request telephone. Is it horrific to request? Good to know they are still doing them.
  • moonshadow_
    Options
    kitkat23 said:
    @moonshadow_ my award was due to end March 23...I got my review papers in August22...retired them in sep 22....got a phone call from DM in December to clarify a couple of things...got my decision letter in Jan 23....award the same for both parts...DM said they are trying to not send as many reviews to assessment due to big back logs 
    Thanks for letting me know your exp really helpful.. it makes sense that they would be putting off review assessments with backlog if they can. My aunt filled in the form and didn't even get contacted.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Telephone assessments started mainly during lockdown but they have continued when you complete your form request it then 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.