If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/UC85 PIP

Options
godsend
godsend Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
Hi, has ESA/UC85 been incorporated into PIP

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you mean has the work capability assessment been combined with the PIP assessment then no. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • godsend
    Options
    Hi Poppy, is it not a certain part of the LCWRA like, due to mental health issues which may or will last for the rest of your life will be combined into PIP.
    Yes we know the two are different 1 work 2 health.
    Its only a DM on here TRB2462 talked about it about 2 years ago. Can you find out please

• poppy123456
    Options
    Now i understand your question. Sometimes they may use evidence from a WCA such as the report but not always and you shouldn't rely on this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • godsend
    Options
    Thanks poppy, i wonder how much evidence from LCWRA are looked at by PIP.
  • dmorgan123
    dmorgan123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I get enhanced mobility rate PIP and now my SSP ended ( as well as my employment), I was advised to apply for New Style ESA. I am worried though that if they for any reason fail me or rate me low on ESA assessment, it will affect my PIP. I'm very anxious going to another assessment. 
    @poppy123456 would you or anyone have any idea please? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the worst happens and you’re found fit for work for ESA then it won’t affect your PIP award. They are completely different benefits with different criteria. 
  • dmorgan123
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456
    I see that people get their ESA paused when they fail to get PIP, I then worried if that would work the other way too  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456
    I see that people get their ESA paused when they fail to get PIP, I then worried if that would work the other way too  
    It doesn’t. 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    An ESA or PIP refusal does not affect your other benefits. ESA is not used to determine eligibility for PIP or other way round, so currently the assessments stay separate.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • godsend
    Options
    I moved from one city to another city last year and had to be moved from ESA to UC. What a pain that was, had to go for assessment, showed them Tribunal letter which states
    Tribunal would recommend that the appellant is not re-assessed.
    so moved over, PIP i have failed to get when ESA, which i could not get my head around, so after the PIP Tribunal, still no over 3 years ago.
    Kept all paper work and it's the same reasons what everybody fails on.
    Have had PIP assessment in Dec 2022 and failed, same reasons given for fail and one more reason which the CM states that i have UK drivers licence.
    Not driven for over 6 years because of my stroke and i have a disabled bus pass. Still waiting to hear back from PIP, but it will look like Tribunal.

• dmorgan123
    Options
    I get enhanced mobility rate PIP and now my SSP ended ( as well as my employment), I was advised to apply for New Style ESA. I am worried though that if they for any reason fail me or rate me low on ESA assessment, it will affect my PIP. I'm very anxious going to another assessment. 
  • dmorgan123
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Options

Thank you poppy123456

I already answered both questions late last night when you asked the same ones.
  • godsend
    Options
    I was told, once on ESA you stay on ESA, but if you come off ESA for some reason like fit for work and go back to work, move from city to city etc, then next time you claim for ESA you will be moved to UC.
    On UC you have to declare PIP, Carers etc then it's all worked out for you.
  • dmorgan123
    Options

Thank you poppy123456

I already answered both questions late last night when you asked the same ones.
    Apologies. It seems that the question posted twice  :D
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.