Pip tribunal over phone

bigrich89
bigrich89 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey guys, I have my tribunal hearing on Wednesday, I was just wondering if anyone knows if they will tell me the decision on the day or if it will be a later date? I’m less worried about it now as I’ve finally had my mri that proves my condition and why I’m effected by it. 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    They might do or they might send in the post which will get to you a few days later, you could always ask once the tribunal has ended.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    If a decision can't be made on the day they will tell you. If it can't be then that's no indication that you weren't successful.
  • bigrich89
    Ahhh was just wondering, I know it says if you attend the hearing in person they will tell you there and then unless it’s more complicated. Just can’t find the answer if it’s tribunal by phone call.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,714 Championing
    Good luck @bigrich89

As far as I know you're looking at the same time frame for learning the outcome of tribunals held over telephone. Please do let us know how you get on.

Also, just to let you know - I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category to help others find it more easily.

Take care and good luck again :)
  • bigrich89
    Is it the judge that will make the decision?? Heard that it goes back to a dwp decision maker. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited January 2023
    bigrich89 said:
    Is it the judge that will make the decision?? Heard that it goes back to a dwp decision maker. 
    No know where you heard that - it’s completely wrong. The tribunal make the decision in place of the DWP and are completely independent.
  • Emilyc90
    Emilyc90 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi, @bigrich89, are you able to track your appeal online? I had my pip tribunal today by phone, at the end the judge said I will receive a letter with the outcome. An hour after my tribunal I logged on to track my appeal and it says closed and there is now a hearing outcome tab. When you click on it the decision letter is attached. Hope this helps :)
  • bigrich89
    Ahhh yes I am able to, mind you it’s only just updated like 2 days ago to say it was booked, got the letter to say it was booked on the 19th december