Foods you liked but went off — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Foods you liked but went off

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
I used to really love olives and would eat them by the kilogram. But for some reason I just suddenly stopped liking them. I could still eat them to be polite if I was given them but now I can take or leave (mostly leave) them.

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else with any foods?

Comments

• emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Pate used to love it now can't hack it.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to love shepherds pie and now I can't do the two textures together (mash and mince). 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm going to go opposite with something I didn't like but now can't get enough of which is peppers 

Sorry to spoil @66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @janer1967 not spoiling at all, was debating making this thread for the opposite as well so you are welcome to share that :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    well i used to dislike cheese but now I like it, especially with pickle.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to eat tripe as a child used to go with dad to fish market on Friday to get it . Now I couldn't bring myself to even see it as food 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I always seem to find a food I like and then mostly only eat that for ages until I get sick of it and no longer want it.
    My parents would always remind me how as a child I only ate plain crackers for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks on end and wouldn't eat anything else then one day decided I didn't like them any more. I really don't like them now. 

Even as an adult, I do the same. I'll find something I like and eat it a lot and then just not like it any more. Most recently it happened with plain Galaxy chocolate. I was eating a large bar a day and now the very thought of it makes me feel nauseous. :D 
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Biblioklept that sort of thing happens to me but not to such extremes, perhaps that’s why I went off olives

Something else I’ve noticed is if I’m sick I’ll go off whatever food I ate just before I was sick, regardless of whether it was the food that actually made me sick. Not sure if that’s odd or just a normal reaction though, it last happened to me with ice cream but I like ice cream again now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Prawns 
    hot chocolate 
    selection boxes
    icecream
    Easter eggs
    Sunday dinners  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have gone off lots of food 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to like strawberries until i became ill eating them without washing them first, I think it was the sprays they put on them in the field. For years whenever I thought of them i felt a bit sick. Similar with vodka but due to drinking too much of it.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @Biblioklept that sort of thing happens to me but not to such extremes, perhaps that’s why I went off olives

Something else I’ve noticed is if I’m sick I’ll go off whatever food I ate just before I was sick, regardless of whether it was the food that actually made me sick. Not sure if that’s odd or just a normal reaction though, it last happened to me with ice cream but I like ice cream again now.
    I'm not the best judge of normal or not but that definitely happens to me!! It takes me ages to get back into the food too
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As a child i was brought up on offal, liver, heart. kidneys, tripe and onions, yuk couldn't/wont eat it at all now, i stopped eating it when we had problems with that mad cow thing. i do still eat pate tho but that tends to come from foal. x
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I used to love Scotch Eggs till I found a dirty fingerprint on one that I bought from a supermarket. Also Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodles, I was addicted but i find them disgusting nowadays, taste like chemicals.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Shastus
    Shastus Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    I’m going off everything very poor to no appetite really getting me down now. I loved Mac Cheese used to make my own I used 100g of Macaroni pasta then cut it down to 50g now I’m lucky if I can eat half of that. Sweet n Sour chicken with noodles another of my favs but can’t stand it now. Wish I could get some appetite back.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,468 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I tried olives once @66Mustang,they tasted the way I imagine wallpaper paste would.
  • JBS2022
    Options
    tomm said:
    Anything sweet  refined sugar laden, and FAST FOOD Junk food, and ready meals , even most canned food too, I no longer eat them, because i value my health, you are what you eat,
    Sorry I love all that refined sugar and fast food, I would rather die young with a donut in my mouth...than the health **** my sister tries to feed me. I always say live for the now because could get hit by a car tomorrow.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Used to love tinned macaroni as a child  but could not eat it now but my Grandson loves it.

Must be a child thing.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • brightboy
    brightboy Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    I used to eat wheat for breakfast every day. Sandwichs 5 days a week. Now I can’t eat them because of bloating 
  • JBS2022
    Options
    I used to love marmite but makes me nauseated nowadays.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.