Foods you liked but went off - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Foods you liked but went off

Options
2»

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    As a kid I loved Kellogs Frosties and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes were a favourite until i was in my mid 20s but no way could i eat them now. I think sugar levels are much reduced from what they were, too!

I cannot stand the taste of sweet milk at all now. I couldn't eat cereal with sugar in it already - or added to it.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    edited March 2023
    Options
    A friend would bring packed lunch to school, his sandwich consisted of two slices of bread, crisps and ketchup. He swore that it tasted great, no longer an acquired taste.  
  • brightboy
    brightboy Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Have you tried cereals without sugar? We change our taste as we age. Go on, try one of the mini packs 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,405 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cauliflower cheese used to love it now not at all.
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    As Olives have been mentioned a few times I have to say that years ago I used to loathe them, but now I love them. My boss was also my best friend and she had an Italian boyfriend. When they came for dinner I had to supply the dreaded olives and horrid anchovies! Not to mention horrid Italian biscuits and crackers! But she and her boyfriend used to tell me that I would get a taste for them, and they were right. I now love olives, anchovies and Italian biscuits and crackers! So what was once a hate relationship with these foodstuffs is now a love relationship!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.