It's Burns Night — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's Burns Night

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger

Robert Burns Biography  Facts Childhood Family Life Career

[Image above is of Robert Burns, the Scottish poet and lyricist]

It’s Burns Night!

We may be a charity that operates in England and Wales, but we have a diverse community indeed! As today is Burns Night we wanted to mark the day with our Scottish members of the community 😊

What is Burns Night?

It is an annual celebration held on the 25th January to celebrate the birthday of Scottish poet and lyricist, Robert Burns. You may know some of his works, such as ‘Auld Land Syne’ and ‘To A Mouse’. At the heart of Burns Night is Burns Supper which includes traditional food and drink like Haggis with neeps and tatties, and Scotch whisky.

I came across a great article on the BBC website, about a beginners guide to Burns Supper. I thought it would be fun to share if you fancied giving a traditional Scottish meal a go. Unless someone here has a better version of the recipe they’d like to share?

Are you celebrating Burns Night? Do you have Burns Supper?

Being honest, I’m half Welsh, but I’ll be watching my neighbour play the bagpipes for all of us in the street tonight.

Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.