What can I do about that? Despite re-visiting the learning disability dating agency websites no luck — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I do about that? Despite re-visiting the learning disability dating agency websites no luck

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous

For learning disabilities, I reviewed dating sites for learning disabilities. I sent another email to love2meetu and checked with Wigan dating agency but no information has been found on calendar no application has been made by them. Then I called both of them. In addition to a letter, love4life posted multiple emails. hasn't heard back from them. Match & Match's membership is also sold out completely. I'm not sure if I'm late to them or something else is going on. I can sign up to just fine with Facebook dating and I'm on new dating apps that is made by same badoo brand of dating apps . i can get match and i'm texting a new guy that i found on apps called chat and date same brand of badoo did have more likes and matches . i just give up with learning disability dating agency disabled dating . I also be rejected by an app called Hiki, and they all seem to be looking for just friends . playing the just be friends cards .

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Splatmate24. Great to hear from you, as always. 

It sounds like you have been experiencing difficulties with learning disability dating agency websites. Not least as it seems like a slow process with no information/application.

Not hearing back from them doesn't sound particularly great either. I can hear how much you would like this to work and it is frustrating for you that it's not working. 

If you're not sure what is going on with Match & Match's membership, would you feel comfortable contacting them? They may be able to inform you what's going on. 

I can hear you have recently joined new dating apps and are texting a new guy that you found. How are you finding all of this at the moment?

Here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. However, you only need to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer My mum is one that uselessly calls the  learning disability dating agency  and comes back with just answer . I can get the application form just fine . is just after sent both off from different forms of post and one from email . kept updating each time . think that higher number of men that are looking for women to date and not accepting and also said is sold out

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds really positive that you can get the application form just fine @Splatmate24. How have things been for you this week?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer not very good and has been texting one guy from a mainstream app but my mum doesn't like it if a person is on very mild side of learning disabity .i don't like guys that are outside of my age range on these disabled dating sites . i also try apps and seem like the dating sits that aim for learning disability that i kept checking is wigan no appointment by phone there, application form that i can get just fine is after that i sent it off one by post and one by email and hasn't gotten reply back from two learning disabity called love2meetu or love4life .  also wit meet & match membership sold out and said closed . I can't anywhere with learning disabity dating sites but can somewhere with some mainstream dating sites & apps .
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I can hear how your mum doesn't like it if a person is on the very mild side of a learning disability @Splatmate24. Could you tell us more about this and how it makes you feel?

It is really positive to hear you have your own boundaries. As I said on another thread, this is an important aspect of taking care of yourself and helping you to keep yourself safe.

It sounds really frustrating that you keep receiving no responses on these disabled dating sites and membership selling out and closing out with others.

I can hear your determination though! Hopefully, things will get better for you soon  :)

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer i can get message from guys from disabled but just seem to be the guys that I'm not that interested and also most of them are outside of UK and most them are from USA and other countries . none is near me  is not looking for same thing as me  that i'm only looking for serious long term relationship and some are just looking for friendship that i did get rejected on hiki and i'm not interested being friends . i also did put that in my profile and still got guys that just want nothing more then just friends . so i just give up with disabled dating sites and try mainstream dating sites has be more successful . some guy got turn off instant when they ask question about sex and i didn't like that and blocked them . I get tons of like and message from guy on mainstream dating sites . some guys are near my age . I'm only like one guy that i met off a dating app called chat & date is same brand of badoo and  he has mild  asperger's syndrome . did ask question and did try to get know and what social media that i prefer to used and also ask question what i do like and i ask question about some buses that go to his town that are called Cheshire cats buses and said i have lots of them coming from my town warrington and his town is northwich  both went to college in  northwich. other guys are that i seen seem not be more interested in that guy that is been textig to quiet a well and has been good .did also text about birthday and i did ask when his birthday was and he said 16 of July and he asked when my birthday and i said is 15 July  that is one of rarest thing that can happen to find out with common interested on birthday . i was in happy shocked,

• L_Volunteer
    edited February 2023
    Options
    At least you can recognise it as red flags for you by knowing you are looking for different things @Splatmate24.

Though, it doesn't sound like you have had the best luck, unfortunately. Hopefully, you'll receive better luck soon.

Really positive to hear you have also had experiences where they have tried to understand your preferences though and hear more about you.

Ooh, very similar birthdays then :)

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer some guys did try understand but some them didn't but shoot their shot anyway . with my preference are like short guys and not tall guys . I seen two disabled dating sites that is aim for Asperger's syndrome users . seem to be most understood people that i been texting and chatting .

• Splatmate24
    Options
    Update i been trying to a account back from one of my dating sites that is called undateables and have go to support to get  my account  back and did put my email, id  membership and been emailing them from my email .  if not that i just create a new one just in case .

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    Have you been able to get into your account yet @Splatmate24? It sounds really positive that you have found people who seem to be understanding  :)

• Splatmate24
    Options
    yep , i got my account back and is online .  also trying other dating  apps & sites .
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    How has this been going for you @Splatmate24? Hopefully, you'll have some more luck soon  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.