Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi

Options
kate_all
kate_all Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Wanted to say hi, I live in the UK and have ehlers danlos syndrome I'm kn mh early 30s and wanted to connect with other disabled people my age 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kate_all good afternoon and a warm welcome to scope and our friendly forum, please feel free to join in our chats and games.
    How are you doing today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @kate_all thanks for joining and sharing a bit about yourself. I might be missing something, but I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm kn mh"? 

If you'd like to have a look around, 
    here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too
    Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything, and I hope you've been enjoying your weekend! :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kate_all
    Options
    @Alex_Scope haha sorry that's my rubbish typing skills. I'd meant to type I'm in my early 30s 😅
  • kate_all
    Options
    @woodbine :) thankyou and I'm good how are you? I'm not massively sure how to navigate the forums on here so far 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kate_all said:
    @Alex_Scope haha sorry that's my rubbish typing skills. I'd meant to type I'm in my early 30s 😅
    Not a problem, just wanted to check :) 

Was there somewhere you wanted to find, or something you're wanting to post about @kate_all

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kate_all! Wonderful to see you on the Scope online community! I think you are in the right place and hopefully you meet other similar people to connect with. Also I am in my early 30's too and have had back pain in the past; already something we both have in common. Please do reach out if you have any questions  :)            

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,137 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @kate_all - & welcome to the community. I also have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, & you will find a few of us on here. :)
  • kate_all
    Options
    @Jo_2022 @chiarieds hi both of you ☺️👋 I've been sort of looking to connect to more people who either have my condition or who are young with disabilities because I find it quite isolating sometimes when most of my friends are healthy and don't understand it all. 
  • kate_all
    Options
    @chiarieds

I have heds pots and mast cell activation and don't know many people irl with these so hi 😊👋
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Yes, it's very difficult when your friends don't understand what it's like @kate_all but here you will find a great understanding. My family are great (shhh giving my age away here) as my children all have hEDS, as do all 3 of my grandchildren. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum with so many people connected by our various disorders. :)
  • chiarieds
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @kate_all - neither my son nor I have sought a diagnosis of PoTS, but we both have problems with orthostatic hypotension, allergy problems ?MCAD, & have Chiari 1 Malformation in our family.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

A warm welcome from me too @kate_all. I don’t have ehlers dannlos syndrome but I am sure many of our community members will share their experiences with you if they do.

However, I am young (25) and have multiple disabilities – I am autistic and have multiple chronic health conditions.

I agree that it can be quite isolating sometimes when the people around us don’t understand it. I like to think this is a really supportive space with understanding  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kate_all
    Options
    @L_Volunteer hi 😊👋 I'm also autistic so I'm happy to have found this space to chat to people 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.