Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

WCA

Options
Kbyles
Kbyles Community member Posts: 18 Listener
I received a decision for pip and was turned down on Wednesday (appealing that) but had a works ability assessment booked for Monday and received a letter saying this has cancelled. Does anyone know why this is?? Or did they now decide no as pip turned me down. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did they give a reason why it was cancelled? Usually they give a reason such as the assessor that was doing the assessment is off work or they now have enough of information to complete the report without having an assessment.
    Being refused PIP will have no influence on your WCA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kbyles
    Options
    No they just said if I want to know why I’m I o have to ask in my journal so I have. But makes no sense to me they have 5 month sick note and another coming I only applied in October!! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They may have had enough of information to complete a paper based assessment. I can really only guess why is was cancelled. 
    You can also contact the health assessment advisory service directly and they will be able to tell you why it was cancelled. Details here https://chdauk.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/
    Or you can ring the number on the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this has happened @Kbyles, as Poppy says, PIP has no effect on your WCA, so that's not the reason your assessment was cancelled.

Keep us updated when you know more, and please ask if you need more support :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Kbyles
    Options
    the the assessment itself has been pending a while had to cancel once due to op being booked so rescheduled but then after hearing back from pip they cancelled it. Just seems very uncanny!! Yes will keep informed because of it
    is a no I would think they are using pip information and going off that. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's very unlikely to be anything negative why they cancelled it. Receiving this letter after you were refused PIP is just a coincidence.

Are you challenging the PIP decision? If so then you should put the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.

If you're outside the 1 month then you need to state why you didn't request it within that time. If they refuse then you just proceed with Tribunal.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.