PIP Face to Face Assessment for 16 year old — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Face to Face Assessment for 16 year old

Options
LittleBearCoastal
LittleBearCoastal Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi
My 16 year old daughter's face-to-face PIP assessment is on Wednesday.  She only feels comfortable attending wearing noise defenders and not answering questions.  She wants me to speak on her behalf.  Has anyone experience they could share please?  My daughter has had a recent clinical diagnosis of Autism & General Anxiety Disorder.  She has social communication difficulties which lead to panic attacks.  She has recently lost her Nan and 2 family pets.  I have genuine concerns about how this will impact on her mental health if they want her to speak.  I would appreciate any advice.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,739 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you her official appointee? If so then you will be able to answer all questions on her behalf but she will need to attend with you. There maybe a couple of questions at the end of the assessment where the assessor will expect her to answer for herself.

If she needs to wear the noise defenders then she should wear them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LittleBearCoastal
    LittleBearCoastal Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your quick response.  I am not her official appointee.  CAMHS advised us to start the process and then they would complete the form.  My daughter's CAMHS therapist then went on long-term sick, CAMHS couldn't provide any cover so I completed the form and she signed.   I sent a well documented form and evidence of self harm and suicide attempt (pre-diagnosis).  This is all behind her now as she is embracing her Autism and is moving forward  Naively, I thought she wouldn't have to answer questions about cutting up food and taking medication.  

She will wear her noise defenders but will probably not be in state to speak.

Thank you again.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the lack of support you have been left with @LittleBearCoastal. You have done really well to reach out to us.

I have just responded to your other thread so I'll keep my response short here! However, I do want to also ask you, how are you doing with all of this?

I recognise this sounds like a really difficult time for you and your daughter. Though, it sounds positive that your daughter is now embracing her autism  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.