If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hI there I am Cookie

Options
CookieM95
CookieM95 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi there, I am Natalie. I am 28 in 7 days and looking for a safe place to post and talk to likeminded people. I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar, Type 2 Diabetes and physical disabilities. I have recently left my home town and moved 300 miles away from my friends to be with my partner. I don't know anyone besides him. I am feeling very isolated and lonely. I don't really know what the point of this discussion is but wanted to introduce myself

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @CookieM95

Welcome to the community! :)

I'm so sorry you feel isolated, we are here if you want to chat, vent or, as my grandmother would have said, "put the world to rights". The Coffee Lounge is where we mostly play games, have debates and get to know each other. 

Have you looked on social media for any local groups that peek your interest in the new area you're now living? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,828 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Natalie AKA cookie I love your name welcome to the community. 
  • Sostressedaboutthis
    Sostressedaboutthis Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hey cookie,
    im sorry to here you’re struggling after your move.
    i just wanted to say I did the same many moons ago, and moved to a totally new area miles away from everything I knew.
    But honestly give it some time & you’ll see it will all fall into place 😊 it won’t stay new for long and once you find your feet you’ll be surprised how different you feel.
    Try just chatting to people in your local shops and get to know people slowly and at your own pace.
    build it up that way, it will soon grow on you 😊 don’t be scared or feel Lonely
    if you need an ear a shoulder to lean on then I’m happy to chat.
    take care x x  

• psnow12
    psnow12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello , I’m Phil 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.