How do you sleep?

CoffeeFirst
CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 201 Empowering
…..also, for how long?

Im quite a heavy sleeper (I think that’s a good thing….) I usually don’t hear loud wind, noise and happily sleep through, needing a good 8/9 hours usually 💤💤

Comments

• katz23
    katz23 Community member Posts: 1,894 Empowering
    Rely on meds and listen to my favourite musical artist as I drop off. 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 56,783 Championing
    I usually fall asleep watching TV in bed,  I seem to need more sleep then normal
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 451 Empowering
    I sleep alot, and yet never feel refreshed.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    My sleep is hit and miss go to bed around 1am usually wake about 4 ish then get back off if I'm lucky till 8 and sometimes get up or try get another couple hours 

Fall asleep on sofa in day usually for an hour 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,537 Championing
    I sleep well enough until four or five am then its hit and miss til eight or nine if I'm lucky. I also meditate in the afternoon and sometimes I doze off for ten minutes or so.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    Mostly i sleep well thanks to medication each night that helps a lot and mostly have about 7 hours. There are some nights when i don't sleep as well.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 353 Empowering
    Not very well.
    Osteoarthritis pain keeping me awake at the moment. 

2nd time I've had to get up this night.  Get too stiff in bed and then need to walk around to relieve it and take more paracetamol. 

I was listed for surgery for my 2nd knee replacement 3 months ago, so waiting for a date.  Surgeon said approximately 4 months but in my experience it's usually longer than the surgeon thinks it will be. 

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 665 Pioneering
    I am sorry for everyone who has sleeping problems, especially when pain induced @ShirleyW . I have to get up and walk around to make the pain go. When I wake up everything hurts, my legs, my feet, my shoulders and my arms. Once I have moved around a little the pain goes. To go to sleep I take a sleeping tablet. I get 14 a month.  
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    My sleep is very hit and miss.
    I do try to stick to a normal routine tho.
    It's usually restless legs or cramps that can cause me to have a restless night, and most mornings i'm awake at 5 - 6 due to needing my stronger pain killers.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 770 Championing
    Some weeks I'll get by on a couple of hours a night.  Sometimes pain, sometimes PTSD , more often than not it's both.  I've got used to it now and no longer stress about it thanks to coping protocols.  

Some days I'll hit 12/14 hours of sleep straight through.  I prefer the couple of hours a night, because I can't function at all after the 'sleep of the dead'