After assessment PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

After assessment PIP

Options
Juanker
Juanker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, 

I had my assessment a few weeks ago… well, I say assessment they contacted my ‘appointee’ and my mother. 

They have not got into contact with me asking any questions about my disability, though I have sent a few letters as evidence. 

when I called DWP they said they cannot share any information with me neither can they send me the assessor’s report because my key worker who is my appointee can only have access to this. 

I’m just confused is this the way it’s meant to be? Not asking me about my disability or asking me questions? Reading this page it seems that most are phone or f2f assessments.

…. what DWP did tell me is that they have my report and are ready to make a decision in the next few weeks! Will they call me or send letter? Or will they ring my appointee up first. 

Many thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,768 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The reason they didn’t contact you is because you have an appointee and they can’t contact you. They are correct and they can’t share any information with you. 

All contact about your PIP claim will be through your appointee. This includes filling in forms, reporting changes, any money will be paid to your appointee if you are awarded. Your appointee is then supposed to act in your best interests With any PIP payments. 

Once a decision is made the decision letter will be sent to your appointee and not to you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,662 Pioneering
    edited February 2023
    Options
    It's difficult (because it about you), but when you start thinking about it, distraction is your friend, do something you enjoy, play music, watch TV, paint, draw etc.   
  • Henny5
    Henny5 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    In my assessment  I was asked if I had any hobbies, I said on good days I like to draw because it helps my depression. The report said, because I can draw, I therefore have the motivation which means in her opinion I am not depressed and cannot be awarded pip. Quite unbelievable!
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,662 Pioneering
    Options
    Henny5 said:
    In my assessment  I was asked if I had any hobbies, I said on good days I like to draw because it helps my depression. The report said, because I can draw, I therefore have the motivation which means in her opinion I am not depressed and cannot be awarded pip. Quite unbelievable!

The way they ask questions or interpret answers, is almost designed to give them the response they want, not to the claimants benefit, e.g. you can be asked, 'can you read?', you say 'yes', which can be interpreted as 'he reads'.     

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.