If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rainie5866! Direct payments advice

Options
rainie5866
rainie5866 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Can anyone give me some advice on my husband receiving direct payments for him to employ me as his carer, he's 66 and has primary progressive MS he need full-time carer but couldn't bare the thought of a stranger coming in and washing him and dressing him because he's an extremely private person,
When he was assessed he was told under his circumstances it would probably be excepted for me to be his carer,
His care plan had been agreed but they won't let him employ me, has anyone got any idea's what he can do surely with his health as it is and how its so unpredictable, I've given 6 year's of care to him I totally understand him and what his ms is all about, he's extremely vulnerable and very emotional about having someone come into his home that he doesn't know and probably wouldn't understand his condition as it is, he's very advanced with it 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.