Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

first PIP payment and decision letter

Options
kitty_21
kitty_21 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I received my first lump sum payment from pip but still need to wait to receive the letter so that I can understand the points I am awarded and so on. I applied in October and my symptoms started in the beginning of July. I had assessment about three weeks ago and a phone call last week to clarify a few bits and today I saw the payment in may account.Any ideas on what period this money covers?  
thank you in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,448 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be from the date you first rang to start your claim. Can’t tell you when it’s paid up until because there will be a cut off date. Your decision letter will give you all the details. Or you can ring PIP tomorrow to ask. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kitty_21
    edited February 2023
    Options
    dear poppy, thank you for the reply very much appreciated. any ideas on how long it takes to receive the letter? I might  just wait for the letter, to tired to cal pip and wait on the line. best 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As the text suggested, up to a couple of weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kitty_21
    Options
    yes, I have received the letter and awarded for 1 year and 9 months, which I thought was unusual. is anyone else rewarded such odd timing? I was expecting either it to be a year or two years. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP awards can be for any length of time up to a maximum of 10 years. 
    If your award is for less than 2 years then I don’t believe you will have a review. You will be contacted closer to the end date of your award to ask you to reclaim if you want to continue to claim PIP. 
    You can request the MR for just the award length if you disagree and think your award should have been longer. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.