Compliance telephone interview

babs123456
babs123456 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi 
I've been scheduled a compliance telephone interview for 2 weeks time for housing benefit I've been trying too ring the person doing the interview with no luck too find out more information and too move the date as I'm in work 
I thought they would be local but turns out it's from a job centre 4 hours away from me is that a concern that its not local as my anxiety it through the roof thinking what have I done wrong only thing I can think of is my wage slips have been lower for past few months.

(Sorry i put this in the esa discussion group too by mistake)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,444 Championing
    If it’s related to housing benefit then that’s your local Authority so I don’t know why it’s got anything to do with a job centre. 
    Do you claim any other benefits? 
  • babs123456
    Working tax credits but nothing to do with that on the letter. it just states dwp compliance telephone interview for your housing benefit claim I don't get much I pay about 80% of my rent 
    Be helpful if the man doing the interview would answer too see how many months wage slips he'd like me too get. I just thought it be my local council not someone 4 hours away the building does state dwp and also a jobcentre. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited February 2023
    If it’s related to housing benefit then that’s your local Authority so I don’t know why it’s got anything to do with a job centre. 
    I think I have heard before of DWP getting involved in compliance interviews for HB - but I may have misremembered (and I can’t remember where I read it).
  • babs123456
    I finally got hold of the man it is correct he wouldn't tell me why I was having one or what it was about I asked how many months of pay slips so I have everything ready and I'm actually in work the time he calls and wasn't very nice told me too wait and find out. So now I'll be unprepared if he wants any more than 6 ridiculous not as if I can change them.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,340 Championing
    So many people called in for compliance interviews lately, starting to look like they've got a quota! :D 

Hope it all goes okay @babs123456 <3
  • babs123456
    @Biblioklept thank you 😊
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    So many people called in for compliance interviews lately, starting to look like they've got a quota! 
    I think the compliance team has been expanded.
  • babs123456
    @calcotti that would explain why I've never heard of one I thought it would be with the local council rather than dwp 
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 739 Connected
    I believe that the DWP are now handling all interviews for housing and council tax matters.
  • babs123456
    @2oldcodgers
    Arhhh it's just strange as I had a intervention call ( think thats what its called ) which is generated randomly I've had one before 
    This time 3 months of payslips were pretty low due too illness so I sent over all that then it was readjusted then 3 weeks had this letter saying when you applied for housing benefit you promised too let your local council know if you had a change of circumstances 
    And we need too check your receiving the correct payments which is strange because I'd already done it all to them on the first interview. 

I get about 43 pound a week towards my rent 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,444 Championing
    It could just be a random check, which they do sometimes. 
  • babs123456
    So received my call after 16 long days was honest and told them everything thought it was too do with my wage slips but unfortunately someone had made a allegation I didn't live on my own 
    The man was lovely and said after everything you've told me ill put it down as malicious and will be on your record for 14 months 
    How sad that these nasty people can gey away with this 
    Good job I was planning on going full time which my local council knew way before as I couldn't deal with that type of nastiness 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    How sad, indeed, that someone made a malicious allegation @babs123456 - especially if it's not true  :(