If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prolapse

Options
Adeline
Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
This is a little embarrasing but I'm fairly certain I've got a prolapse and I'm so scared and worried what will happen.
My GP can't see me until the 20th March so I've a long wait ahead but I was wondering if anyone else has had a prolapse and whether things worked out okay in the end? 
Can things ever be 'normal' down there again? 

Also my apologies for putting this in the coffee lounge, there doesn't appear to be a suitable category so I'm thinking of it more like a general query rather than typical over-coffee conversation

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,535 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Adeline that must be a worry for you. It's a shame you can't get to see your gp sooner.  It will soon come around. Hopefully your gp can put your mind  at ease and refer you if needed.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Adeline

I've popped your post in the physical and neurological impairments section of the forum, I think you may get more answers to your queries here :) 

I'm so sorry you cannot get in with your GP until the 20th March, was that by ringing up? If your GP surgery has an app, it may be worth seeing if there are earlier appointments on that?

I think it goes without saying, any pain or further issues, please go to A&E <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. The other option is to get an emergency appointment at the GP but you must ring up bang on 8 o'clock and they will give you a time to sit and wait. I would only use this method  if you think  you can't wait to the 20th of March as you will have to sit and wait forever. Alternatively we had GPs coming to the house to look at me when I was so poorly.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 not all gp offer the same service each have their own system for getting appts 

Most do have same fay emergency appt but it depends what they deem an emergency 

My surgery yoy can never get same day as by time you get through they have all gone and all you can do is keep trying every morning 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully it's not a prolapse @Adeline - In the meanwhile, if you haven't tried pelvic floor exercises, I'd try these; they won't harm, but may indeed be helpful. Please see: https://www.csp.org.uk/conditions/incontinence/exercise-advice-incontinence
    They're not only helpful for incontinence. Please see: https://www.rcog.org.uk/for-the-public/browse-all-patient-information-leaflets/pelvic-organ-prolapse-patient-information-leaflet/  & look under 'What are my treatment options.'
    Yes, things can be 'normal' down there again.
  • Adeline
    Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you all for the advise. My GP surgery have said even if it is a prolapse it isn't considered an 'emergency' so I can't have a same-day or emergency appointment so need to wait until 20th March for their first routine appointment.
    I am concerned as it's affecting my bladder and I'm having difficulty in that area too but I guess that's to be expected?

@chiarieds thank you for the links I will be doing my pelvic floor exercises while I wait for appointment. I did have trouble with these after my youngest child (5) and was meant to see a physio but my other conditions made that too difficult so I only attended the first session. 
    Reading these links has worried me a little as it mentions it being commom for women over 50 but I'm only in my 30s. Without being too graphic it feels and looks like my cervix is hanging down.  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That wait sounds really difficult and frustrating @Adeline :( How are you managing with everything at the moment?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you, even if that's just extending a listening ear  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.