Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Sunshine Score Research Project Needs You!
Evaluating the SUNSHINE Score
Sheffield University Neuroimaging Score for Hypoxic Ischaemic Neonatal Encephalopathy
Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) in Research Design
Chief Investigator: Dr Daniel Connolly, Consultant Paediatric Neuroradiologist at Sheffield Children’s Hospital
Associate Investigator: Dr Hannah Holmes, Neuroradiology Fellow at Sheffield Children’s Hospital
We would like to invite you to take part in designing our research study.
This study looks at children who experienced hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy (reduced oxygen supply to the brain) during labour, delivery or shortly after birth. Many of these children get Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans shortly after birth to look for evidence of brain injury.
This study will look at a new score we have written for interpreting MRI scans in newborn babies with HIE to see if it is useful in real life. We are particularly interested in whether it can predict children’s developmental outcomes later in life.
Before we start the research project it is important that the public is involved in the design of the study. We are particularly interested in speaking to the families of children who have been affected by hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy.
We plan to run an online session via Microsoft Teams on 17th February. During this session, we would like to find out more about your experience and ask questions that will help us design our study. We want our project to have a significant impact on the initial and long-term care of babies who may experience hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy in the future.
We are also able to arrange for one of our research team to hold a 1-to-1 discussion with you over the phone after sending out some questions at a time that suits you.
As a thank you for your time, we would like to reimburse you with a £30 shopping voucher.
If you have any questions about this please contact our Patient and Public Involvement team on:
Dr Hannah Holmes
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 89 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 227 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 649 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.6K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 17K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 878 Chronic pain and pain management
- 179 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 327 Sensory impairments
- 826 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions