Which movie can you recite by heart? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which movie can you recite by heart?

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
When I posted about The Greatest Romance Movies of All Time?! on Valentines Day, I was scrolling through Instagram later that day and realised it was the anniversary of one of the best Valentine's Day releases of all time... Hot Fuzz.

Now my brother and I, love this film and I can recite a lot of it by heart. Quite often, my brother and I do end up speaking to each other using random phrases from the movie.

It got me thinking, is there a film that you either love so much, have watched so much (possibly because of a third party influence) or made such an impression on you, that you could recite most of it by heart?
Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Tagged:

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    Not really a full movie, no. But odd lines sometimes stick in my head and the one i often use is:

"Help is on the way!!"

From mrs doubtfire. It is in the restaurant scene near the end of the movie where Robin williams, dressed as mrs doubtfire rushes over to a choking pierce brosnan to perform the Heimlich manoevre!

So funny😂😂😂😂

I do love that film!

Mrs doubtfire has a Scottish accent and i now live in scotland - have done for 40 years but still have my English accent. So, when i do say "help is on the way!"

I try to do my best Scots!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Haha! that's a classic line. I feel Robin Williams is one of those actors who has a bank of iconic movie lines. I always loved "Hellloooo" with the whipped cream face mask  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can quote a lot of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but I can't say I know them by heart. 

It would be a fun challenge to try it! :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

• Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    I can quote, although not by heart, Mammia Mia and hocus pocus, mainly because they were on a lot as a child, and they were, and still are, my movies of choice.
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,637 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As with others, couldn't do a whole film.  But reckon I can do most of the one-liners from Die Hard, Indiana Jones & Bond movies.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,511 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Disney's Robin Hood,we watched it four times a day for almost a year when our son was a tot.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can recite lines from the first 3 star wars movies,(unsurprisingly) great thread! love Simon Pegg movies, the cornetto trilogy is a favourite love hot fuzz!
  • anisty
    Options
    Seeing @Grinchy's post there has reminded me that my autistic son used to LOVE the animated dr Seuss animation of Green Eggs and Ham and he could recite/sing the entire opening song word perfect.

It's quite the tongue twister as well!

I don't know all the words but it's the one that starts:

"I frequently think every now and then

Of the glorious food
    Of the noble hen

Eggs, eggs

Eee, double gee, ess

Eggs"

There are a few verses and it sounds very impressive to recite in its entirety!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    It is amazing what we pick up and remember because of kids! 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,370 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Dirty Dancing is a favourite off mine.

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Classic line lol 

• DDN1429
    DDN1429 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Not a full movie, but know the Lord of Rings Trilogy pretty well.  Scent of a Woman is another 🙂
  • anisty
    Options
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Frozen 1 
    Ma ma mia
    Author Christmas 
    The Christmas Carol
    Romeo and Juliet
    Jurassic  World 
    The night of the museum 1 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    My partner was a film buff and could imitate people and he had many hilarious one-liners from movies and could easily recite dialogue from entire scenes. His specialty was Oliver Hardy.  If I was picking at my dinner he would change his voice and sounding just like Bette Davies in Whatever Happened he would say "Blanche, if you don't eat your dinner you won't get any dessert"!  The irony is that we never had dessert anyway!

My quotes and quips are "I wouldn't dream of same" from a Marilyn movie and "I am fraught with anxiety". If someone is stressing me I say "Stop! You are stressing me. I am fraught with anxiety". I think it is from a Bette Davies movie. My other little quip when people are asking too much of me is "I'm like butter. I can only be spread so thinly". It was either a Bette Davies or Judy Garland one-liner. (I think Garland in I could go on singing).

I can recite all of the dialogue and badly sing all of the songs from Liza, 3 weeks at Carnegie Hall! It was a 2 disc cd, but I saw her perform it at The Pallidium. It was magic. I always listen to it at Xmas and have a little singalong.

But I wonder if anyone knows the famous movie in which the one-liner "no one is perfect" comically ends the film? I know the film, but I wonder if you do?
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,661 Pioneering
    edited February 2023
    Options
    'I was born under a Wandering Star', actually a song sung by Lee Marvin. It's from Paint Your Wagon.

A great watch.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    But I wonder if anyone knows the famous movie in which the one-liner "no one is perfect" comically ends the film? I know the film, but I wonder if you do?
    Of course, it's Some Like It Hot! :)
    Hannah - She / Her

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    "what you have to ask yourself is, do I feel lucky, well do you punk?"

Clint

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope You've got it in one! But you wouldn't believe how many don't know the answer! Well done...
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope You've got it in one! But you wouldn't believe how many don't know the answer! Well done...
     :o That's shocking! It's such a great film! Although if you watch reaction videos on YouTube, some don't realise Jamie Lee Curtis is Tony Curtis's daughter!
    Hannah - She / Her

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots & Your Motorcycle

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.