Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Tribunal waiting times

Options
KaliB
KaliB Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hi,

I've been through a MR and the award didn't change - not that I expected it to change in any way.

I've requested a tribunal. I did it through the online portal they have. The DWP have replied and I've received the letter that they sent to me about why I've been awarded the points I have.

What kind of wait time are people experiencing,  who have been through the tribunal process recently?

Thanks  :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,429 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be different for each individual area. Lots of members are currently waiting well in excess of several months.

You can contact HMCTS and ask them what the appropriate waiting times are for your area. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KaliB
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I've emailed HMCTS last week, but no reply yet.

Months is a long time, but I can understand why it is taking so long.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you feeling about having no reply yet @KaliB? I can potentially hear conflicting feelings about having no reply but also understand why it is taking so long.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you would like to talk about this further or if there's anything, in particular, we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • KaliB
    Options
    How are you feeling about having no reply yet @KaliB? I can potentially hear conflicting feelings about having no reply but also understand why it is taking so long.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you would like to talk about this further or if there's anything, in particular, we can do to support you  :)
    Thanks  :)

I understand why things take so long, with there being backlogs etc. But understanding this fact doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Once I have a date, then I can prepare. I would probably need to take the day off work, which is difficult because I don't like telling my managers about my illness. I had to take several months off work at the end of last year as I was very unwell with my autoimmune condition, which my managers obviously know about. But I don't want anything else to be involved that may make them believe I am not capable of my job.

My job means a lot to me, particularly right now as my illness is affecting my life and I am finding it hard to get back to normal after burning out during covid. It is also a worry that I would need to change a tribunal date due to work, and I don't want this to affect how it goes. The assessor and the DWP both used the fact I have a job to not award points in some areas.
    But I have had to move from a job that I really enjoyed to a different job that means less days, mobility needs etc. I like this new job, but I do miss my old one. And I took a large pay-cut for this new job, so finances is also a big worry right now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I hear you @KaliB, especially with a date making it easier to prepare for it. It is really sad that you don't feel able to tell your managers about your illness in case they question your capability.

Nevertheless, I can only empathise with you and hear your job means a lot to you. I can hear this works vice versa too, unfortunately, and means fewer points in some areas for you.

Is there anything that might make missing your old job and finances more manageable for you at the moment? I can hear these are particularly difficult for you at the moment. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.