Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Failed my PIP renewal, when is my last payment?

Options
timewilltell
timewilltell Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all. New here. I have just failed my pip renewal on the 15th of this month. I know I will need to fight it as all the information I stared,half of it isn't on the forms from assessor. I have been gave the extention like others. My claim was ment to stop June 2022 but extended to August 2023. As I have failed I would like to know if anyone could tell me if I will recieve a last payment? I was ment to be paid next Monday but as it's stopped since the 15th will there be any last payment? Or does it stop instantly as my claim was up in June 2022. Thanks

Comments

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,024 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there my name is Jaide even though I can't help you with PIP as I' don't want to give you the wrong information. However what I can advice is that you have a look at the PIP section underneath the benefits heading in this forum. I would also highly recommend the coffee lounge as this is where we play games and have fun together. If you have any questions in the meantime  please don't hesitate to ask we are a friendly bunch of people in this community who care for one and another. 
  • timewilltell
    Options
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,024 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There maybe a small amount of money owed as your last payment.
    I know I will need to fight it as all the information I stared,half of it isn't on the forms from assessor.

If you're referring to the assessment report then it's not their job to write what you said word for word. The assessment process is there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. They then write the report which will be their opinion based on everything you wrote in the form, any extra evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment.

For the MR you need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points and give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you.

Try not to concentrate too much on the assessment report and the decision letter because that will not get you a PIP award. If there's any obvious errors then it's ok to mention a couple of those but then put them to one side and forget about them.

The most likely outcome of the MR will be the decision remains the same. If this happens you can proceed to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • timewilltell
    Options
    Ok thank you poppy. After reading through these threads I was really wanting a reply from you. Seems like you know your stuff. Thank you so much. My decision got made in 9 days but i was told it would take up too 10 weeks. So i really didnt expect to not recieve a final payment next week. I should have been smarter. I just don't know if the 4 week in arrears would count for me as I was ment to be up on my claim in June. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Timescales given are only ever a guide, remember you were advised up to 10 weeks but this doesn't mean it could have taken 10 weeks. It has been known for decisions take up to 2 weeks or even longer than 10 weeks.

Your award was originally extended from June 22 up until Aug 23 but a new decision overrules that award. PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears but it will depend when the cut off point was on your last payment. I'm afraid i don't have a definite answer for you. Some receive a final payment and some don't.

Are you also aware that this PIP refusal may affect any other benefits you maybe claiming? Also if someone is claiming either carers allowance or carers element of UC for looking after you then that will also stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • timewilltell
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I made a mistake, I went ment to be paid tomorrow as the last payment recieved was 23rd on Jan. So I suppose I don't need to wait to long to find out now. So maybe I will recieve from the 23rd to the 15th when it stopped. I will update here tomorrow to let others know. I don't claim any other benifits so I don't need to worry about other things stopping. But thank you so much for all your help.
  • timewilltell
    Options
    Just a update. I did recieve a last payment today for 3 weeks pip. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks for the update, appreciated.
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    Thanks for the update as well 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.