If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Horror of PIP review

Options
SOB
SOB Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
I've had my review via a phone call and I feel that it didn't go well! It went on & on, question after question seemed to go on forever. My stress level went through the roof, just awful thinking I was being grilled. I tried to answer every question it was a case of thinking on my feet. She said when did I last work which I've never been asked about before. I think she was going through a prepared script, some of which was pointless. Also my education came into the conversation, what's that got to do with my health and well being. This can't be right but I had to just go along with it, luck would be on my side, because I had received a consultants report which would provide proof that I had just cause for my need for PIP. Up to now I've not heard from them since.

So be well prepared if you have to go through this & good luck 

Comments

• JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lots of people complain about the assessments but then end up getting awarded anyway, so try not to stress too much, asking about people education is common I remember similar questions at my hubby's re assessment, I believe a lot of it is prepared like you said.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,129 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry you feel it didn't go well @SOB. Sadly that's quite a common feeling we see here but like @JBS2022 said, lots of people feel that way and get awarded. 
    I hope you're able to find ways to relax and distract yourself from it while you wait for a decision. Please do let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.