Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is gel889! PIP TRIBUNAL STRESS

Options
gel889
gel889 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just wondered if there’s any advice here. 
I applied for PIP 24/12/21 and was declined twice, MR date being 29/06/22. Appealed to tribunal on 01/07/22 and was told wait time was 25 weeks so would be around December. 

I can’t attend in person due to agoraphobia and other mental health issues, so will be attending via phone and the anxiety of this is making me more unwell. I called 2 weeks ago and was told they’ll refer it to the listing team, spoke to them again yesterday and still nothings been done so it’s been forwarded again. 
I’m so worked up and stressed out that my hair is starting to fall out and I’ve been waking in the night with severe panic attacks. 

I’m based in the North West, I’d rather just be declined as then I’d know the outcome and I’m at the point I wish I’d never bothered doing this as it’s just made me more unwell. Is there anyone who’s had their hearing sped up in any way? I know I’m not the only one going through it but I know people who applied later than me in my area who have had their hearings already. Thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,450 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are considerably long delays with Tribunal hearings in a lot of areas. Quite a lot of people are waiting close to a year for a hearing date. Each individual case will be different so you can't compare others to yourself. You can ring HMCTS and ask them if they can give you some idea how much longer you will be waiting and they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gel889
    gel889 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    There are considerably long delays with Tribunal hearings in a lot of areas. Quite a lot of people are waiting close to a year for a hearing date. Each individual case will be different so you can't compare others to yourself. You can ring HMCTS and ask them if they can give you some idea how much longer you will be waiting and they will tell you.
    That’s the number I phoned I think? They said they’d send it to the listing team but I don’t think it’s made a difference x
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.